• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do with Moderns?

24 posts in this topic

I was pretty suprised how well it went/is going. As long as you have runs, complete series/minis, folks will buy it just to have something to read real cheap.

hi.gif Yes they will! smile.gif I bought 3 sets off DKB earlier this week because they were complete. They were mini-series that I'd had random issues of and had wanted/tried to complete, but had never been able to. I've gotten rid of everything I had, but still wished I could have gotten the whole set. And I got them cheap, which was great, because I just want to be able to read them and will either donate them to C4K or try to trade them for something else.

There's a lot of modern stuff I'd LOVE to read, but the prices are too high, even with a 10% discount. All I want to do is read, get rid of it, and get something else to read. If I lose money with each step, I can't stay with it for very long.

I've just finished selling about 1000 moderns on Ebay, and I was very happy with results. I only have 4 short boxes left, and after doing title searches on Ebay don't think I will list anymore. Ebay's fees and packing hassles would make the rest a wash I think. Guess I will keep them in the closet for the next couple of decades. I looked at Marketplace, but it doesn't seem that anyone lists moderns, so I decided not put them there.

I've been buying moderns off ebay recently just to have some nice deep runs of stuff to read. It's fun to flip through those comics while drinking my morning coffee and not get panicky about putting a little ding in a copy of Legends of the Dark Knight or something.

I've also sold a lot of moderns on ebay...generally I sell the stuff that I thought made for a bad read and I'm sure I'd never want to return to. Although, truth be told, sometimes it's such a hassle to pack and ship out those big lots that I find it's not always worth the trouble. Milehigh I ain't, I guess. 27_laughing.gif

I think OG is right, if I can pick up runs of modern at about 1/3 of cover, I'm happy. Incidentally, if anybody's got a full run of Shadow of the Bat or they'd like to sell for $35-40, I'd be interested. thumbsup2.gif