• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man number 1 (6/14) signed

16 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have been offered the following good what's everyone's thought?

SIGNED BY DAN SLOTT ON 1/16/15 & STAN LEE, HUMBERTO RAMOS & ADI GRANOV ON 3/29/15

Cgc graded 9.4 number 1282456007

What people thought?

Daniel

if you want to buy it and have the money, you should buy it. If you want it and can find it elsewhere for cheaper, you should buy it elsewhere. You're not going to get a lot more help than this without a price.

It also depends on your price and collection preferences, so only you would know those.

I suggest either providing many more specifics, and/or doing your own research, and/or searching your own heart for the truth.

For reference that's almost $400 dollars (US) if I did the conversion correctly. Wayyyyy too many 9.8 copies of spidey signed by Stan Lee at that price.

but if they're in his town in Europe with the comic, there's a lot of value in seeing the comic in person, having the comic today, not paying for shipping and insurance, and customs, plus waiting weeks for the comic, plus translation fees, plus risking damage or fraud, etc. Of course those things have different value to different people, but shouldn't be dismissed outright.

I'd say check ebay for like items and see if you can't find something you like MORE for the price. If you can't find anything you want more, then buy it.

For reference that's almost $400 dollars (US) if I did the conversion correctly. Wayyyyy too many 9.8 copies of spidey signed by Stan Lee at that price.

but if they're in his town in Europe with the comic, there's a lot of value in seeing the comic in person, having the comic today, not paying for shipping and insurance, and customs, plus waiting weeks for the comic, plus translation fees, plus risking damage or fraud, etc. Of course those things have different value to different people, but shouldn't be dismissed outright.

I'd say check ebay for like items and see if you can't find something you like MORE for the price. If you can't find anything you want more, then buy it.

I wasn't being dismissive - he asked without explaining his circumstances. So you're right, there may be a lot of reasons to buy it but as I said - there's a lot of reasons not to.

He should also check out myslabbedcomics.com as well.

Thank you for the response. Yes it's local and it's still in the original plastic bag.

I did look online and with shipping tax and insurance it seems to work out the same. I am a newbie are the other autographs worth having on the comic (sorry if it's a stupid question) I don't really know much about the other people.

Thank you for the response. Yes it's local and it's still in the original plastic bag.

I did look online and with shipping tax and insurance it seems to work out the same. I am a newbie are the other autographs worth having on the comic (sorry if it's a stupid question) I don't really know much about the other people.

Welcome and questions are welcomed as well. Where are you located? I ask because there's some great dealers here located outside the US.

Thank you. I was hoping for some good info on the other people on the comic!

I have been lucky to find a Canadian who lives in Cyprus that has brought 150k comics from us and Canada. He plans opening a comic shop here he has many comics I want.

Daniel

I'm new too, and I always just try to find something comparable on ebay. that being said, I've overpaid for some, and underpaid for a fair amount as well.

if you don't plan to resell, its worth whatever you're willing to pay for your collection.

Cyprus sounds amazing right now after scraping ice off my windshield the other morning.