• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Inhumans #2

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

This one is full of oddities. It came from a collection I picked up that consisted of a LOT of warehouse find books. This one really looks like it was never even picked up before. It has the red ink transfer on the inside covers, which I have found in hi-grade CGC slabs but it also has some "slices" on the back cover. I'm sure these take the grade down but I have quite a few of these issues all with the same "slice" going at an angle down from the top back cover. Some of them only have the "slice" on the left in the pics. Some of them go through a couple of the pages. Because they are all in the same general area it makes me feel like it is a production flaw.

Its crazy because the front of these books are totally amazing! Its always something right?

What grade would you give this particular book?

Thanks!

in_2_cm_01.jpg

in_2_cm_02.jpg

in_2_cm_03.jpg

in_2_cm_04.jpg

in_2_cm_05.jpg

I get that this is a tough one. If no one has any ideas, can someone recommend another boardie (that may not visit this section often) that I can IM and see if they have any insight?

**EDIT**

I just got a little more insight. Someone mentioned that the "slices" are probably from the post production man cutting the box or bundle of rope. So guess that is not a production flaw its was probably something that happened when it arrived from the distributor.

Probably is a great looking 6.0?

I get that this is a tough one. If no one has any ideas, can someone recommend another boardie (that may not visit this section often) that I can IM and see if they have any insight?

**EDIT**

I just got a little more insight. Someone mentioned that the "slices" are probably from the post production man cutting the box or bundle of rope. So guess that is not a production flaw its was probably something that happened when it arrived from the distributor.

Probably is a great looking 6.0?

It could also be that when multiple covers were cut from a sheet, two of them were not cut apart cleanly and tore a little during the separating process. The proof of that—one or two jagged tears along the edge—would have disappeared during the final trim, though.