• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro

24 posts in this topic

If it's the same slab-pro member that is here on the boards, then I have dealt with him. I purchased several of the slab protestors with no issues. I think there was one incident with one of the Joey's on here a couple years back though...

was joeypost

Yeah, that was interesting. The JIM 85 also sold for $9000 back in September in a slab, but now for sale cracked out. Pretty strange.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journey-into-Mystery-85-CGC-9-2-Old-label-Looks-like-a-9-8-/121769206863?hash=item1c5a02a44f:g:WxAAAOSwKIpWBDOi

Now JIM 85

Yeah, are there some possible seller shenanigans going on that I'm not comprehending? Or did he crack, resub and not like the new grade, so now it's being sold raw hm

One thing people have tried is setting a label next to a different trimmed book and selling it like that.