• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you spend more of your time with your comics or here?

17 posts in this topic

Hi. So many topics here, so much information, debates, stories, experiences, education, scans to look at.....

For me it turns out that I spend maybe three or four times the amount reading and posting on these boards than I do buying, selling, organizing and looking at my comics. I'm here a minimum of one hour a day, and I've still got my piles of Wondercon books that I haven't organized or filed away yet. Why? Because most of my "comic time" is spent here, rather than with the actual comics.

Yes, it turns out that the business of comics (history, sales reports, controversies, chatting with YOU guys, etc.) seems to be more interesting to me than the actual comics. Otherwise, why would I spend more time here than with the books?

Any thoughts? How about all of you. ---------Sid confused-smiley-013.gif

I spend much more time here than actually reading my comics sorry.gif I need to sit down and start reading more of them, but time wise, it is easier to pop on and off here, than it is to sit down and read em. I have a 2 year old and he demands a lot of my time. Not that I am complaining.

I hardly ever post here so I wouldn't know about that problem. tongue.gif

Is that sarcasm that you are trying to foist off on us?

Sarcasm and a bit of pathos thrown in - I do spend a lot of time here. Mind you, it keeps me off the streets. Plus, this is the Forum that matters...... headbang.gif

Sarcasm and a bit of pathos thrown in - I do spend a lot of time here. Mind you, it keeps me off the streets. Plus, this is the Forum that matters...... headbang.gif

TWO MORE.................................THEN 4,000!!!!

MAKE THAT ONE TO GO..............

Okay Brain, here it is, let the banners unfurl, let the tickertape parade commence, and let the bachannal ensue, for this is (deep breath)

blush.gifcrazy.gif

POST 4,000!!!!!

crazy.gifblush.gif

Yes, it turns out that the business of comics (history, sales reports, controversies, chatting with YOU guys, etc.) seems to be more interesting to me than the actual comics. Otherwise, why would I spend more time here than with the books?

Because you don't read them? confused-smiley-013.gif

LMFAO

Okay Brain, here it is, let the banners unfurl, let the tickertape parade commence, and let the bachannal ensue, for this is (deep breath)

blush.gifcrazy.gif

POST 4,000!!!!!

crazy.gifblush.gif

FROM ACROSS THAT BIG POND A FULL FOURM SALUTE

mad.gifcool.gifsmile.giffrown.gifblush.gifcrazy.giflaugh.gifsmirk.gifconfused.gifgrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifsign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifsign-offtopic.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifshy.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.giftonofbricks.gifsorry.gifgossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gifdevil.gifangel.gifflowerred.gifnews.gifsleeping.gifboo.gifflamed.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifheadbang.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gifbumpit.gifyay.giftakeit.gifpoke2.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifyeahok.gif

WELL DONE...........WELL DONE INDEED!!!!

That may be true read_em, but that does not mean that comics (and the business that surrounds them) has not been a HUGE part of my life for the past 25 years.