• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is it better to own the GRR AMazing Spider-Man 1 or.....?

35 posts in this topic

Crazy how many have been sold on the climb up through the years.

Wish I still had the few I've let go.

And as far as choices. I'd rather have a coverless original ASM 1 than a reprint from a record album.

Crazy how many have been sold on the climb up through the years.

Wish I still had the few I've let go.

And as far as choices. I'd rather have a coverless original ASM 1 than a reprint from a record album.

Me too

You can always have a nice reproduction cover made for your coverless ASM 1

Is it better to own a nice copy of Amazing spider-man 1 golden record reprint in VF condition OR a coverless original Amazing Spider-Man 1? Which will hold value better long term?

Whichever one you prefer.

(shrug)

Is it better to own a nice copy of Amazing spider-man 1 golden record reprint in VF condition OR a coverless original Amazing Spider-Man 1? Which will hold value better long term?

Whichever one you prefer.

(shrug)

Extactly! Buy what will make you happy.

Personally, I wouldn't buy either. I would rather have a nice copy of ASM3 or ASM50 instead of a 0.5 ASM1.... To each their own

Sell a few books and save up for an ASM 1 with a cover?

The major keys are out of reach for the everyday collector.

DC's aren't... for now :baiting:

I did see a low grade X-Men #1 sell for just under $800 this past week.

If you say so, seen the price for a low grade Action 242 or 252 lately? Showcase 4? :baiting:

Actually, does anybody have any idea as to the market value of these Marvel GRR reprints in high grade? hm

There appears to be four of them according to Overstreet, with the ASM 1 nosing out the FF 1 for most valuable, and the Avengers 4 being worth the least by far. I also assume they should also be worth more if the records are included, especially if they are still unopened?

Coverless comics don't appeal to me as collectibles, I wouldn't own one unless my intention was to find a cover to marry it to at some point.

If I felt a low grade complete Spidey 1 was out of my price range, but really wanted one for a run, I'd probably buy a GRR edition as a placeholder until I could afford a low grade copy I'd be happy with.

Actually, does anybody have any idea as to the market value of these Marvel GRR reprints in high grade? hm

There appears to be four of them according to Overstreet, with the ASM 1 nosing out the FF 1 for most valuable, and the Avengers 4 being worth the least by far. I also assume they should also be worth more if the records are included, especially if they are still unopened?

...I can only speak for around here..... but when one of them turns up around here (LCS....) they usually find a home very quickly. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u