• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Guccione (safe for work!)

7 posts in this topic

"Now he's back at the easel. His paintings, mostly portraits but some still lifes and abstracts-and barely a bare breast in sight-are influenced by Impressionism, Post-Impressionism and Fauvism. They are priced at $25,000 to $250,000-at least the ones he can bear to part with."

-Cheryl Lavin, Tribune Staff Writer.

Whew. Talk about sucker prices. Now in 2015. Imagine that in 1993! A different source states some paintings did sell in that price range too.

full article: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1993-09-17/features/9309170057_1_bob-guccione-penthouse-paintings

Looks like the oils all sold in the $400s plus the vig, with many lots passing ($400 being the starting bid/reserve).

hm Do I get two set of his cuff links or an oil painting....neither of which have anything to do with what the guy is known for? tough tough call. I might get some use out of the cuff links.

Love these novelty auctions. When heritage was selling through all those Edgar Church advertising pieces I bought a few for kicks. That's really all they are good for though, kicks.

Where is the Oh, Wicked Wanda and Sweet Chastity (written by Bob) original art?

Yeah man.....he obviously wasn't thinking ahead. All he had to do was throw a little pooty into each piece and you can add a zero to the end of each price easy.

Give the people what they want!!!