• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Info needed on Marvel Vintage Pack reprints...

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

In 1994 I bought a sealed pack (with no info on the clear wrap) of 15 Silver Age Marvel reprints, I have been trying to find any info I can about this set. So far I have heard it was J.C. Penny's exclusive called the "Marvel Vintage Pack" and have also had someone tell me it was offered in Previews. I bought the set I have in a comic shop but I am unsure where that shop got it from. Each book is listed individually in the Overstreet with it's corresponding title but only has the word "reprint" listed with no other info.

If anyone knows anything at all about this set, I would very much appreciate any info you could provide.

Here is a list of what was in the set:

Amazing Adult Fantasy #13

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #5

Avengers #88

Captain America #109

Fantastic Four #66

Fantastic Four #67

Incredible Hulk #140

Sgt Fury #13

Sub-Mariner #8

Tomb Of Dracula #25

Thor Annual #2

X-Men #28

X-Men #62

X-Men #63

Young Men #25

I can tell you they were sold in LCSs.Not sure if they were offered in previews, but am fairly sure they were not a JC Penny exclusive.It is only in the last year or two that OS began listing them.

They are a very nice peice of nostalgia. I have most of the books but have been looking for a sealed package.Not an easy task.

Thank you for that bit of information. I am preparing to sell them on ebay, each one is graded and I want to make sure I am giving the most accurate description as possible.

Anyone else know anything?

I'm kind of curious as to what the print run was, I assume it must be very low. I never see them on ebay and very few copies have been graded. I am also wondering if "Marvel Vintage Pack" was the offical name of this set.

Thanks again.

Ramona