• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why the lack of interest here or any where re the large size Star Wars 1

7 posts in this topic

Treasury edition? I would assume it is significantly rarer. Is it just a case of no interest because you can't slab?

There might be as many Treasury #1s as there are Star Wars #1 1st prints. If you look on eBay, you'll see what I mean.

The hardest to find Star Wars Treasury is #3 (Whitman edition) which contains Star Wars #1 - 6. Treasury #3 (regular edition) would be the next hardest to find. But, that is relative to the other 2 Treasuries (which also have Whitman editions.) Even these #3s are usually available on eBay most of the time and wouldn't be considered rare.

I believe Treasury #1 has an ad for Star Wars #10 in the back. I know Treasury #14 has an ad for Star Wars #14 (on sale now!) which means these came out about a year after Star Wars #1. Interestingly, for the Empire Strikes Back, Marvel published the Treasury, Marvel Super Special, and paperback before the movie was released. They knew from the first movie that demand would be high for their adaptation.