• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Wagner Grendel Art

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share my most recent original art acquisition. This is the 1986 cover to Matt Wagner's Devil by the Deed. It is his first and best Grendel painting, that was done as oversized art (about 18 X 24). I think few would question this as Wagner's finest vintage Grendel (and Argent) piece.

Because of it's size, I had to stitch two scans together. Even though I scanned both sides the same way (same settings), they didn't come out the same. So, there's an obvious line down the center where the two halves are merged. I've gotta play around with photoshop a little more and figure out how to fix it. But, until then, enjoy!

Here's to all the 80s fans on the Boards! I'll bet you remember this one!

grendel2.jpg

Best,

Yeah, something like that! Did you pick up anything recently???

I did, but I haven't taken possession of it yet. I was hanging out with Mark today, but he doesn't want to part with the one piece of his I'm interested in at this time. frown.gif

Oh, nice Grendel cover by the way. wink.gif

Yeah, something like that! Did you pick up anything recently???

I did, but I haven't taken possession of it yet. I was hanging out with Mark today, but he doesn't want to part with the one piece of his I'm interested in at this time. frown.gif

Oh, nice Grendel cover by the way. wink.gif

Thanks. Yeah, Mark said you guys met up yesterday. We tried to make a deal work this morning, but couldn't hammer one out.

Talk to ya,

That's a fantastic piece! Your collection just keeps getting better and better...

Thanks! It's getting harder and harder to find prime examples by the artists I like, but so far it's still fun! smile.gif

Best,

Just thought I'd share my most recent original art acquisition. This is the 1986 cover to Matt Wagner's Devil by the Deed. It is his first and best Grendel painting, that was done as oversized art (about 18 X 24). I think few would question this as Wagner's finest vintage Grendel (and Argent) piece.

Here's to all the 80s fans on the Boards! I'll bet you remember this one!

Congratulations Hari - that is a spectacular piece of art, and I remember it well! acclaim.gif