• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone Tomahawk

44 posts in this topic

OK, I finished it.

I wasn't expecting the quality, that was crafted in this film.

This $1.8 million movie really was a stunner. The cast really carried it on their shoulders proudly because they knew magic was being made. I loved how there was no cg in this movie and it was all pratical effects. It added a level of grittiness that has been missing in most bloated A-list productions recently. Great ending to a movie that slowly built up to it. Only if they added the deleted scene would it have felt like a cheat. Nice to see Sean Young again. I was thinking about her Rachael character from Blade Runner after watching Ex-Machina only the night before. Thus making this film all the more cosmically fulfilling. Although this is a genre film of many sorts, I could see an Oscar campaign for Richard Jenkins for his flea circus monologue alone.

Three and a half stars out of four.

I can see rewatching this for many years down the road.

:applause:

Ravenous was entertaining wasn't it :D

There was tons more gore in Ravenous... but I tell you that one scene in Bone Tomahawk was more brutal than Ravenous in it's entirety.

Those that have seen BT will know the scene I'm talking about ;)

I like Ravenous a lot. I'll have to check this one out.
Ravenous became pretty unhinged in a campy way towards the end, whereas this one is a slow build up to nerve-jangling climax. The characters in this one never ring false like they did in Ravenous. Look at it like as a semi-sequel to Tombstone too, what if Wyatt Earp lead a posse of unlikely group of misfits on a rescue mission after the OK Corral. Matthew Fox was a HUGE surprise in how he portrayed his role, an extremely flawed gunslinger. Kurt Russell tried to inject character touches into a similiar character in Furious 7 that wasn't really there to begin with. Technically, in Furious 7 he had to bring the group back together too, despite some pointless shadiness. In here, his moral compass is what holds these guys better together and us as an audience.

Ravenous was entertaining wasn't it :D

There was tons more gore in Ravenous... but I tell you that one scene in Bone Tomahawk was more brutal than Ravenous in it's entirety.

Those that have seen BT will know the scene I'm talking about ;)

I felt like retching. But it also demonstrated how brutal the Troglodytes are.

:sick:

Watch this movie.

You're welcome.

Looks pretty good, I'll check it out.

The premise reminds me of Ravenous and if you haven't seen it, you should:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129332/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_42

Western cannibalism and Guy Pearce at his best.....

Right up there with Memento,LA Confidential, The Road and The Hurt Locker.

Robert Carlyle is absolutely brilliant in this too.....and David Arquette is also pretty damn good.

Ravenous is one of my favorites! :applause:

I'm definitely going to have to check this out!

I just finished watching it.

Good movie.

The movie kinda reminded me of The Missing.

I thought that at first, but lacked the perspective of the captives until they were caught up to. Which was unnerving, because it let our imaginations become nightmares for these doomed hostages. It was kind of a journey for these men like a western Apocalypse Now to their reckoning. Almost bought The Homesman today, just to have another new western to watch tonight.

Good movie.

I thought that at first, but lacked the perspective of the captives until they were caught up to. Which was unnerving, because it let our imaginations become nightmares for these doomed hostages. It was kind of a journey for these men like a western Apocalypse Now to their reckoning. Almost bought The Homesman today, just to have another new western to watch tonight.

Homesman might be free on Netflix hm

I will check for you when I get home ;)

Good movie.

Homesman might be free on Netflix hm

I will check for you when I get home ;)

I bought it last Wednesday at Walmart in a western endcap (promoting The Revenant). Was gonna watch it last night, but it was Wild Card weekend. I actually forgot I had it, because I watched "For A Few Dollars More" Friday night. Now I'm in the mood for the Director's Cut of "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly". lol