• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taskmaster is back in the MCU

8 posts in this topic

Taskmaster was a big player in one of the latest Disney animated Spider-Man shows.

Hint: They usually try out stuff on those animated series first before the big screen. They did this with Guardians and Ant-Man.

Taskmaster is one to watch.

I think its been that way for awhile now, I remember looking for for his first appearance in Avengers, and noticed how much higher the going prices were. Another hint is how he's a regular with Deadpool which is another driving factor for him.

Stock up on that issue of, um... was it marvel team-up? Avengers? Um.... I know it was green...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Just-Secured-Rights-Another-Character-Get-Details-102737.html

This is big news. I posted three of the articles on this news, including Heroic Hollywood contacting its Marvel sources to confirm the details (looks like they are referenced in Cinemablend's article).

Marvel film & TV rights shell game - who owns what?

:foryou:

Why would Fox have gotten him in the first place? It would have had to have been grouped in with a more significant character...was it Daredevil?

Introduced as an enemy of the Avengers, Taskmaster went on to feature in numerous Marvel titles, most notably as an enemy/ally of Deadpool.

It could be his association with Deadpool, which then ties him into the X-Franchise rights.

(shrug)

Why would Fox have gotten him in the first place? It would have had to have been grouped in with a more significant character...was it Daredevil?

Introduced as an enemy of the Avengers, Taskmaster went on to feature in numerous Marvel titles, most notably as an enemy/ally of Deadpool.

It could be his association with Deadpool, which then ties him into the X-Franchise rights.

(shrug)

Weird then that they got him back with Daredevil, Punisher, and Ghost Rider. ???

Saw this article and for once, wished that fox had the rights. He really would do well in a deadpool movie. He would definitely be the main villain and a great foil for Pool. If he appears in an avengers movie, he'd be at best a henchmen type villain like crossbones or batroc. He's seriously underpowered going against Thor, hulk or even iron man.

If he appears in the MCU, his best chance to be a main villain would probably be ant man.

As far as A list villains, he is definitely on the verge of breaking out, if he hasn't already.