• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Werewolf By Night 32

16 posts in this topic

Right part of front cover looks different about an inch from the edge in a vertical band. Colors are off (notice the yellow in the red Marvel Comics band at top, the outline of the "F" in Werewolf, and the color change in the lower right (the ground area is supposed to be reddish dark). Looks to be a possible printing error or the reds have faded - though I don't think red would fade to a bright yellow as seen in the band at top

Looks like fading to me. The reason why I think so? The Marvel Comics Group banner is not a dark red. It’s more of an orange red, which means it was a combination of magenta and yellow. So is the title. The bottom part also was a combination of colors, with the yellow and magenta faded leaving most the black. It is unlikely for both colors to be lightly printed in the same areas because the colors are printed separately. I think the red faded first and the yellow started to fade. My copy has much brighter yellow in the “F” of the title and the hair of the damsel in distress. It appears to me most of the cover was covered and not exposed while the strip along the edge faded because it was exposed.

though I don't think red would fade to a bright yellow as seen in the band at top

Not necessarily addressing this particular book but red can certainly fade to yellow. Red is actually magenta and yellow (with sometimes a little cyan and//or black) in the 4-color printing process. If the magenta ink fades (which it can as it can be a "fugitive pigment" - that is a pigment subject to fading) then yellow will remain.

Fading does not look like the case here.