• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 is here, what are your collecting goals for this year

34 posts in this topic

I had to sell off all of my comics a while go. My cat was sick and dieing and racked up a ton in vet bills. I've still been picking up TPB's and reading digitals but I haven't been "collecting" in a while.

My big regret are my ASM comics. I had a complete run from 200-700 and was planning on getting to work on 100-200 when I had to drum up funds for our cat. This year I hope to focus entirely on rebuilding my ASM collection.

Before my collecting focus was to wide and varied. If I didn't also collect Batman, X-men, Wolverine, etc. I probably would have had more of my ASM run filled in. This time around I'm going to stick to ONLY ASM books and see if I can at some point have every single issue.

I was thinking about this topic just the other day. I'm just 55 issues shy of having a complete run of Batman from 1-713, so I would like to knock at least 5 more issues off of my list. I'm also 22 issues shy of completing my Dell Lone Ranger run, so I would like to get as many of those issues as I can and complete that run. Lastly, I'm 12 issues shy of completing my run of Detective Comics from 295-881, so I would like to get those issues added to my collection so that I can work on the run from 27-294.

I plan to only buy a handful of books this year.Much will depend on finding a nice copy for a reasonable price.

Here's my current want list:

CSS 22 (deal already in the works)

Buster Crabbe 5

All Select 11

JIM 83

Special Marvel Edition 15

Famous Funnies 214, 215, 216

Startling Comics 49

Alas, I'm not very good to sticking to my guns. It will be interesting to see what I'll actually buy. Of course a stronger CAD dollar would help...