• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade part III - The challenge

30 posts in this topic

Here's another liberated book, and an interesting test case for your judging CGC grading. This one is an old blue label, OW pages, with the notation "One inch tear on first two pages". I'll post the label on Tuesday. Good luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hulk6front.jpg

Hulk6back.jpg

Since I totally blew the first 2 rounds( I still think both books would grade higher if resubmitted), I will go with a 6.0 for this one.

Since I totally blew the first 2 rounds( I still think both books would grade higher if resubmitted), I will go with a 6.0 for this one.
makepoint.gif

makepoint.gif

How about you enlighten us with your grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since I totally blew the first 2 rounds( I still think both books would grade higher if resubmitted).

Me too...

cool.gif

Since I totally blew the first 2 rounds( I still think both books would grade higher if resubmitted).

Me too...

cool.gif

Me, three, when considering my undergrading in early rounds of Nikos' contest. I honestly think that CGC has gone through phases where they tended toward being strict (old labels), then less strict (at the start of the new labels), and are currently VERY strict. Not every book will show this trend, mind you, but I feel that the grading does ebb and flow a bit in strictness.

this will be a toughie. i had a beautiful book come back a 4.0 due to staining on interior pages, but i'm not sure how many. i'm gonna go with a 5.5......................an otherwise lovely book that would have been around a 7.5 - 8.0..........

I would say a 5.5, it looks like there is a corner crease that just barely breaks the color and the upper staple looks funky.

If my eyes are playing tricks and showing things in the scan that are not there then I would up it to a 6.0.