• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC did not slab my repro cover with coverless book

47 posts in this topic

So I'm sure this will freak out the purist. This is a book for my permanent collection, and I knew I would need to crack the slab one day anyway if I found a real cover.

So cracked the slab, gently opened the side of the plastic holding the book, slid the book it out, placed cover, back in.

12516388_10156378070820133_1353324983_n.jpg

12509936_10156378073485133_1878538077_o.jpg

There is a CLink auction right now for an Action 10 slabbed by the Voldmorts with a repro cover, but I can't tell if it's attached or not.

There is a CLink auction right now for an Action 10 slabbed by the Voldmorts with a repro cover, but I can't tell if it's attached or not.

Not certain, but any mention of tape on the interior makes me suspect that there is some holding that cover in place.

Repro are automatic NG, I know that already. I just wanted it to look nice on the shelf. Talked to the grader on the phone who remembered the book, and he said the cover has to be stapled. Otherwise they 'don't know why the photocopies are there'

:facepalm:

I said a phone call would have been nice.

Yeah, you probably should have called beforehand. :foryou:

As pointed out, it is also on the website.

Regardless, it's poor customer service. What, they're too busy counting their huge bags of money for a 2-minute phone call?

No it's not. The policy is on their website. The OP could have called beforehand. The OP could have asked the question on these boards. The OP could have asked CGC on these boards.

So I'm sure this will freak out the purist. This is a book for my permanent collection, and I knew I would need to crack the slab one day anyway if I found a real cover.

So cracked the slab, gently opened the side of the plastic holding the book, slid the book it out, placed cover, back in.

12516388_10156378070820133_1353324983_n.jpg

12509936_10156378073485133_1878538077_o.jpg

It looks cool. (thumbs u