• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Sonja #0 Pre-orders Breaks 200k!

9 posts in this topic

Can I be the first person to say something negative?

Nah...I'll handle that...

I'm not sure these are great numbers considering it's a special 25 cent comic. Previous specially priced comics were estimated to have sold as high as 750,000 (10 cent Detective). FF #60 was over 600,000 and Avengers #77 came in near 250,000 but that was a 50 cent issue so less were ordered.

I'd have thought Red Sonja would have sold more considering how well received the new Conan series has been in the marketplace...

Jim

25 cent comic? Thats the kind everyone picks up and throws into the pile. The last time a 25 center came out, the owner of the LCS put a free one in everyone's pull box.

Can I be the first person to say something negative?

Nah...I'll handle that...

I'm not sure these are great numbers considering it's a special 25 cent comic. Previous specially priced comics were estimated to have sold as high as 750,000 (10 cent Detective). FF #60 was over 600,000 and Avengers #77 came in near 250,000 but that was a 50 cent issue so less were ordered.

I'd have thought Red Sonja would have sold more considering how well received the new Conan series has been in the marketplace...

Jim

Ahh, but if you read the whole article, you would have seen that the Conan #0 25 center had only 90K in orders. I think that more than doubling that number, and the fact this is a small time publisher, is very encouraging. wink.gif

25 cent comic? Thats the kind everyone picks up and throws into the pile. The last time a 25 center came out, the owner of the LCS put a free one in everyone's pull box.

Wating for the joke about comics with chick in Metal Bikini and pull list......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

the fact this is a small time publisher, is very encouraging. wink.gif

I agree...Dynamite should be happy but I suspect they were hoping for better. I expected more pre-orders. A cheap comic featuring girl in bikini with a Conan flavor seemed like gold in this market. I guess either retailers weren't willing to pull out the stops on this one...or maybe Conan has started to slip a little and these pre-orders reflect it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

another reason for the large numbers, for every 1000 of the .25 book you get 10 alex ross preview sketch covers free, and they let you purchase an alex ross "sneak peak" cover for $24. so that's a 1/1000 book, and then, after the final numbers were in they offered an exclusive RRP variant free for anyone who increased there orders to 1000 that had not before. So for $149 you get 2 1/1000 books and 10 1/100 books. Just hope the yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif at diamond pack them well and the UPS doesn't destroy your box!