• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this FF #9 with top edge of cover trimmed......

18 posts in this topic

Nope....piece missing. foreheadslap.gif I thought it was a stain too!

Dangit Brad.. I thought you KNEW how to use that photo shop program thingy..

That is the best you could make these books look?

Man your skills are slipping.

Hammer woulda made them look perfect by now.

Oh wait... you have that thing called integrity, and honesty.. man .. bad character traits to have as a seller bro.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Actually, these would be perfect for a certain Private Auctioneer........bid accepted.

ff9front.jpg

Try to provide better scans next time...redrook! poke2.gif

I'd guess 6.5 with being tough for the chipping, the spine stresses, and the back cover corner crease. It also looks as though the right edge may be gone under the knife, too.

This is a really nice Kirby cover, doncha think?

Is FF 9 the storyline in which a broke and soon-to-be-evicted FF accept an offer to star in Hollywood, only to be duped by the "producer", who turns out to be Subby? And Johnny and Ben think they are each going to become major stars, of course.

The analogies with the real movie business are a-plenty!

I have suspicion that this may grade lower then expected - around a 5.0/5.5. I say this because of the amount of chipping ( which I think is more pronounce then the scan shows,) rounding of the corners, the back crease, the spine, dirt, and I think the upper staple is rusted or discolored. Since this was trimmed, I wonder if it was pressed as well. In my opinion. it gives a much better appearance then what CGC might grade it.

I have suspicion that this may grade lower then expected - around a 5.0/5.5. I say this because of the amount of chipping ( which I think is more pronounce then the scan shows,) rounding of the corners, the back crease, the spine, dirt, and I think the upper staple is rusted or discolored. Since this was trimmed, I wonder if it was pressed as well. In my opinion. it gives a much better appearance then what CGC might grade it.

Well, you can't be sure of anything.....but the book has been in mylar in my collection for 22 years.....the deceitful thing.....I don't think it's been pressed.....well, I sure didn't do it! confused-smiley-013.gif I'd tell ya'. Honest!