• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bored at parents antique shop (3rd time, finally got it)

30 posts in this topic

I can't see that you are missing out on any good deals

He at least has some gold/silver selections ...he has lots of westerns which I consider drek but hey did you know Tex Ritter was John Ritter's dad?

I see a Herbie there but to me he is pure drek (even though there is a new thread devoted to him in silver).

I like the cover to the Rawhide issue with a young Clint Eastwood.

those 50s generic photo/painted cover westerns are not really drek, they actually sell if you are patient, but not for guide. there is a $6-$12 ebay sweetspot for them depending on the cover. so, basically, if you see them in a $2 box there is potential, but much beyond that they need to be in really nice shape. i have a tough time turning up my nose at anything with a 10 cent cover that is in decent shape though that is $2 or less, probably a sign of mental illness.

I can't see that you are missing out on any good deals

He at least has some gold/silver selections ...he has lots of westerns which I consider drek but hey did you know Tex Ritter was John Ritter's dad?

I see a Herbie there but to me he is pure drek (even though there is a new thread devoted to him in silver).

I like the cover to the Rawhide issue with a young Clint Eastwood.

those 50s generic photo/painted cover westerns are not really drek, they actually sell if you are patient, but not for guide. there is a $6-$12 ebay sweetspot for them depending on the cover. so, basically, if you see them in a $2 box there is potential, but much beyond that they need to be in really nice shape. i have a tough time turning up my nose at anything with a 10 cent cover that is in decent shape though that is $2 or less, probably a sign of mental illness.

Yeah, 'probably'. :baiting:

I'm back home now. I'll take a better look at the atomic war 3.

He has another full booth with long boxes of old dell stuff and a lot of silver and bronze age stuff and a spinner rack full of Hulk and Marvel Preview Mags.

I checked for no.4 but didn't see it.

I think he is referring the Hulk #4 that is pictured in the first enormous photo.

(bottom left of 1st photo)

Huh? I read that as referring to Marvel Preview # 4 -- the first Star Lord. Guardians of the Galaxy movie made it a $150-$200 book.

He has another full booth with long boxes of old dell stuff and a lot of silver and bronze age stuff and a spinner rack full of Hulk and Marvel Preview Mags.

I think he is referring the Hulk #4 that is pictured in the first enormous photo.

Huh? I read that as referring to Marvel Preview # 4 -- the first Star Lord. Guardians of the Galaxy movie made it a $150-$200 book.

yea that's what I was looking for

I guess I may have been projecting my want for the Hulk 4- didn't even think about the MP 4 or the values of the books.

qHWM9THl.jpg

large thumbnail

fyi -- you can alter the size of that picture by added an l (large thumbnail) or m (medium thumbnail) to the end of the file name of the original like so http://i.imgur.com/qHWM9THl.jpg

I guess I may have been projecting my want for the Hulk 4- didn't even think about the MP 4 or the values of the books.

qHWM9THl.jpg

large thumbnail

fyi -- you can alter the size of that picture by added an l (large thumbnail) or m (medium thumbnail) to the end of the file name of the original like so http://i.imgur.com/qHWM9THl.jpg

ahh. I didn't know that. I can get that hulk for for a little under 150 after discount and taxes. Worth it in that condition?