• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec suggestions! !!!

29 posts in this topic

Batman covers continue to rise in value non batman covers sell if the price is right but generally are much slower to move. Buy a Batman cover.

I would doubt your going to find a 3.0 tec 28 for anywhere near that price I got over 20K for my 3.5 and had several people interested at that level. I would look for a 35 or 37 blue label or a lower grade 33. Anything else blue would be too over that price, if restored 29/32/35.

The trick is finding the cover you like at a price you are willing and able to send. On these books that is not an easy task.

James G

thank you for suggestions! ! At what price do you think a restored tec 31 in 4.0is be around..

I am trying to acquire pre-robins too but bat covers are the perfect storm and quite challenging to find under 5 figures.

my opinion as a random voice on the internet with minimal board activity... go universal low grade 33 or 37 with your budget.

Batman covers continue to rise in value non batman covers sell if the price is right but generally are much slower to move. Buy a Batman cover.

I would doubt your going to find a 3.0 tec 28 for anywhere near that price I got over 20K for my 3.5 and had several people interested at that level. I would look for a 35 or 37 blue label or a lower grade 33. Anything else blue would be too over that price, if restored 29/32/35.

The trick is finding the cover you like at a price you are willing and able to send. On these books that is not an easy task.

James G

thank you for suggestions! ! At what price do you think a restored tec 31 in 4.0is be around..

You have to also think about what level of restoration that you are ok with. There is a huge price difference between slight and extreme and whether it is amateur or professional.

You may be able to get 2-4 blue label books with lower grade Bat cover and mid grade non bat covers with that amount of cash. Really depends on what is around and what you like or don't like. I don't like tape so taped books are out for me. Some people are ok with slightly brittle or brittle pages some aren't. There are just way too many factors. Pick a book you like go after it and see where things go from there. You can get a 32 and 34 in the 2-4K range with ease. You could get a lower grade 36 or 37 in the 5-8K range, so you could end up with 4 books using 15K....

James G

It's great to be picky and all, but let's face it, all of these books are rare, and extremely rare in blue label. Turn your nose up at too many of the few copies that become available and you will never own one or will simply get priced out of them altogether.

-J.

It's great to be picky and all, but let's face it, all of these books are in short supply, and even more so in blue label. Turn your nose up at too many of the few copies that become available and you will never own one or will simply get priced out of them altogether.

-J.

(thumbs u

It's great to be picky and all, but let's face it, all of these books are rare, and extremely rare in blue label. Turn your nose up at too many of the few copies that become available and you will never own one or will simply get priced out of them altogether.

-J.

yes I agree. ..that's why I should definitely pick up some this year coming...

You may be able to get 2-4 blue label books with lower grade Bat cover and mid grade non bat covers with that amount of cash. Really depends on what is around and what you like or don't like. I don't like tape so taped books are out for me. Some people are ok with slightly brittle or brittle pages some aren't. There are just way too many factors. Pick a book you like go after it and see where things go from there. You can get a 32 and 34 in the 2-4K range with ease. You could get a lower grade 36 or 37 in the 5-8K range, so you could end up with 4 books using 15K....

James G

I thought about that too...instead of one bat cover just getting few non bat covers ...it's so tough to decide. ..blah