• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JAVA CODE: Tired of people stealing scans from auctions?

6 posts in this topic

No offense, but it is meaningless. I can easily go through IE and go to edit , then go to select all. From there I can cut and paste it to any email program. word processor, or to a desktop/file. Included is the "image protected by e-powersellers.com Copyright." that java code claims to protect ( see attachment.) Also, there are many other ways to copy the image as well - alt prtn scrn or print F12 and HTML editing software such as Frontpage can easily capture the image when it is incorporated into IE or Netscape ( not to mention you can save the web page and then copy the images from the file directory.) I applaud your effort but there is no way to protect and image from being copied.

Tomega

589a8aba9a1bd_119311-junex971.jpg.44fb8b2a2b28471b138c9d2238bddd82.jpg

Yeah the site does say that this is just a low level of protection which basically disables the right click "save as" feature which people are accustomed to using for saving images. tongue.gif It's obviously not bulletproof like you have shown above (lol) , but it is a small deterrant for the scammer that does not have computer savvy tongue.gif