• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cloverfield 2: 10 Cloverfield Lane (3/11/16)

55 posts in this topic

Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions have pulled off one of the best surprises of all time.

A trailer, made to look like a bootleg, has been released for a film called 10 Cloverfield Lane starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Gallagher, Jr. and John Goodman. It IS an unannounced sequel to 2008's found footage monster flick, Cloverfield, which was directed by Matt Reeves and written by Drew Goddard. J.J., you sly dog!

How'd they pull this off? In 2014, Bad Robot and Paramount announced that Dan Trachtenberg (Portal: No Escape) had been hired to direct a post-apocalyptic thriller titled Valencia (aka The Cellar). However, that was a secret title for Cloverfield 2.

:o

Even if this has nothing to do with the original Cloverfield (plot-wise)... a cabin fever/bomb shelter/survival bunker story about not knowing what's outside the airlock door & if the world is safe? Yeah. I can get into that. Especially with John Goodman being kinda crazy survivalist? Oh yeah.

I enjoyed the first one and am interested in this one.

I was among the viewers who got a bit of vertigo and mild feelings of nausea from the bouncing camera when I saw Cloverfield in the theater. I play a lot of first-person shooter games and have never felt that before, so it may have just been that I was a bit sick already that day. (shrug)

I like how the whole thing was kept hidden for so long. Nicely done on the studio's part.

:applause:

Trachtenberg was associated with Y: The Last Man for a long time until it lapsed and since then I've seen that his next project was something under wraps by Bad Robot. Didn't imagine it would be something this potentially good.

Looks like the entire first act is mere boring preamble-that worked for the first film but not now that we know what its all about. Would have been better to jump right into it than trying to clone the first film.

Looks like the entire first act is mere boring preamble-that worked for the first film but not now that we know what its all about. Would have been better to jump right into it than trying to clone the first film.

Are you taking about Star Wars force awakens again?