• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #65

34 posts in this topic

This copy would present quite nicely if not for some dust shadows and two small pieces out of the corners on the back cover, which I am sure bring down the grade considerably. At which grade you’d pin it?

I’m almost thinking to keep this one as my reader, as my current "reader" is a VF or so. It’s my favorite Fantastic Four issue ever. :)

a5axGHah.jpg

LIG1Yodh.jpg

Thanks! With all my books, I try to go always by "eye appeal", regardless of technical grade.

It’s also a natural choice for me, as in Italy most people aren’t so picky about technical grades, there is a lot less precision than in american comics collecting. :)

well, I did say 5.5 tops. I still don't know if I would go lower as then your only a bump over a 4.5. If the corner pieces were a bit larger I may drop lower but I think 5.5. is pretty close. (shrug)

The Kree have been such an awesome idea… When you read this story for the first time it has an unique quality of impending doom and otherworldliness that makes it ineffable… Like everything it’s coming to an end, and then how would you stand?

The FF stand, and in the best of ways!

Kaspar! :foryou:

Yes, now I only have to decide which copy to keep as a reader.

What bugs me is that my deslabbed CGC 9.0, while super-beautiful, does have the interiors that are printed a bit off-register (and the cover colors are also not so brilliant, a lack of yellow I believe), so I am waiting for the prices to drop drastically and buy my "perfect" copy – after all it’s my favorite issue, it’s not an unreasonable "fixation"… :D

I'd have to go 5.5 tops taking into consideration the two corners out. :sorry:

Every once in a while you'll see a corner chip out on a CGC 8.5 or a 9.0.

There's a big difference between a chip, and a piece this size out. I'd like to see an example.