• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great press for CGC . .

65 posts in this topic

And followed by the revelation that Dawns link leads to her husbands comics auctions wasnt cool.

What link are you referring to, because the only link in the article is to CGC's website? makepoint.gif

It has been changed. Yesterday it went to Colossus Comics' eBay sales.

Ya sure about that? I just read this thread today, but when Garth said

But when I try to direct my browser to www.dawnmortensen.com (using the domain from Dawn's email address), it redirects me here
I thought it meant he saw her email address dawn@dawnmortensen.com, and went out of his way to investigate where the dawnmortensen.com URL took him. confused-smiley-013.gif

Exactly... thumbsup2.gif

That's exactly what I did, Zonk... I tried to make that clear... and as I stated earlier in this thread, I wasn't really looking to stir up sh*t on this...there are plenty of other more viable targets to choose from. I just found it interesting.

holy moly.... What an interesting thread. heres my take...

It all boils down yo innocent naive business choices. Steve B does business with Steve M. Steve B meets Steve M's wife Dawn. CGC needs a PR person. Steve B likes and hires Dawn to do a job that needs doing. So far so good. Thats how all of us get work, or find vendors, from personal contacts.

But, think of how you first took the info that CGCs PR person just happenned to be the wife of one of their biggest clients? Sounded a bit cozy to me, a little disappointing that it had connotations beyond just a business hiring. And followed by the revelation that Dawns link leads to her husbands comics auctions wasnt cool. Surely another careless goof, not intended to be misread, just another way to drive traffic to the auctions. But its a conflict of interest to her client CGC... that she obviously did on her own with no permission or direction from CGC.

In the real world, with a Fortune 500 company in a situation like this, CGC would have to severe their relations with her, and find a new publicist to avoid misunderstandings. Or force her to resign if she hadnt done so already. But of course we are far from Wall St here in the comics biz, so a simple request from CGC to Dawn to kindly redirect all future links to CGC or Mortenson PR, NOT Colossus Comics endeavors should suffice.

I dont see any great (or small) conspiracy or underhandedness by CGC here, or by Dawn or Steve M... Just amateur hour business "exposed" that can be simply corrected. No harm No foul. CGC should in the future try harder to think ahead and take these things more seriously (as silly as they appear beforehand) as their business rests squarely on their reputation. ANY thing that even appears suspect can not help their bottom line. CGC IS under constant scrutiny. Building good habits now will protect them later when there is some competition to potentially be worried about.

It could not have been said better than this. Well done. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

And FlyingDonut's follow-up comment is also 100% dead-on. thumbsup2.gif

CGC has carved out and earned a very important place in the comic business now, and we all have a stake, one way or the other, in seeing it succeed. Any comment I have ever made about CGC that has been construed in a negative light simply originates from my desire to see CGC be as professional and upstanding as any corporation can be, with the understanding it is also understandably trying to turn a profit in the process. However, the two are not necessarily incompatible.