• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please REgrade this...

37 posts in this topic

Very cool. Thanks for the response. Here is the real grade:

UPSci3V.png

I would have said 8.5 . IMO, too many spine tics to qualify for 9.0 .And I just got out of another thread that said CGC is grading tight . Interesting.

UPSci3V.png

I would have said 8.5 . IMO, too many spine tics to qualify for 9.0 .And I just got out of another thread that said CGC is grading tight . Interesting.

I'm sorry, but I have an old label 8.0 that looks nicer than this 9.0

UPSci3V.png

White pages are nice, and should be a decider on bubble grades, but 9.0 is a gift. This is one of those books unlikely to ever leave the slab.

They are actually seller scans I keep for insurance reasons. If I ever get ripped off, it's nice to have visual inventory for the cops and such.

I have found huge discrepancies in grading. Some 7.5's I have look 9.2 and vice versa. Thought it'd be a cool thread to put together and find out how realistic some of these grades are. Like the Strange Adventure books, many have been graded low but look stunning and make for a good deal for purchase. I encourage other members to put up some books in like manner to see if we can guess the grades. Or regrade, as it were.

The scan quality really is nice and bright, but you should post much larger images if at all possible. Hard to guess at accurate grades when they are that small. 2c

I can certainly try to. Good point. The books that have gone up didn't really need it. They spoke for themselves.

The scan quality really is nice and bright, but you should post much larger images if at all possible. Hard to guess at accurate grades when they are that small. 2c

I can certainly try to. Good point. The books that have gone up didn't really need it. They spoke for themselves.

No, they definitely did need it, and .5 gave you good advice. The pictures are too small to grade from (aside from trying to grade from scans.)

UPSci3V.png

I'm sorry, but I have an old label 8.0 that looks nicer than this 9.0

Small scans --- but there are rounded edges and a good number colour breaking creases, perhaps even on the lower right corner. Nice book but I'd probably be in the 8.0 camp.

I, too, have a number of 8.0s that show better -- though perhaps they are on the other end of the pendulum swing and are undergraded. (shrug)