• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quarterfinals #2: Giant Sized X-Men #1 vs. Action #583 & Superman #423

Giant Sized X-Men #1 vs. Action #583 & Superman #423  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Giant Sized X-Men #1 vs. Action #583 & Superman #423

94 posts in this topic

I voted for GSX #1. It doesn't make sense that only 67 people voted in Quarterfinal round #1 vs. 109 in this round. We've got 42 shills on these boards. makepoint.gif

Exactly. Alex has already had a example of shill polling previously.

Wouldn't a person have to change their IP address or use a different computer to vote again? Sounds like a lot of trouble just to win a board poll... screwy.gif

I voted for GSX #1. It doesn't make sense that only 67 people voted in Quarterfinal round #1 vs. 109 in this round. We've got 42 shills on these boards. makepoint.gif

Wouldn't a person have to change their IP address or use a different computer to vote again? Sounds like a lot of trouble just to win a board poll... screwy.gif

Can lurkers vote or do you have to be signed in?

Hey I agree with you, but it has happened. confused-smiley-013.gif

I believe you can vote without having to log in. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i guess this site uses diebold vote tabulating software....

893applaud-thumb.gif

Is it possible more people like Supes than X-men?

Stop the sour grapes.

There were bound to be upsets.

i spose it's possible...maybe...perhaps...

not sour grapes...just surprised...

If it's the computer and not the user name, then maybe next time I'll visit every single system in our office and vote against Moore. We're going to have our own "American Idol" here, where each person gets to vote a thousand times. yay.gif

If it's the computer and not the user name, then maybe next time I'll visit every single system in our office and vote against Moore. We're going to have our own "American Idol" here, where each person gets to vote a thousand times. yay.gif

I believe it would be by router ISP. I know in my office (4 computers) it recognizes the same user for the polls. I just checked to see if that was the case.

And the winner is:

Action #583 & Superman #423

64 59%

Giant Sized X-Men #1

45 41%

At this point it is pretty obvious that Miller shills are at work. This vote is just stupid, right up there with the Contest of Champions one.

Miller shills? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And the winner is:

64 59%

Giant Sized X-Men #1

45 41%

At this point it is pretty obvious that Miller shills are at work. This vote is just stupid, right up there with the Contest of Champions one.

You know what I meant... Moore fan.

And the winner is:

64 59%

Giant Sized X-Men #1

45 41%

You know what I meant... Moore fan.

I voted for GSX 1 confused-smiley-013.gif

And the winner is:

64 59%

Giant Sized X-Men #1

45 41%

Instead of a Poll, why could we not just cast our vote with a Yay, or Nay post.. voting for the comic, person , thing in question?

And let Alex..whoever .. tally them up by hand.

At least that way we could see WHO voted, and determine if it is really a fairly legitimate turnout.

Just a thought.

As it is a shame that all the poll results on this forum have been rendered basically useless/skewed due to shill accounts.

Ze-

And the winner is:

64 59%

Giant Sized X-Men #1

45 41%

Instead of a Poll, why could we not just cast our vote with a Yay, or Nay post.. voting for the comic, person , thing in question?

At least that way we could see WHO voted, and determine if it is really a fairly legitimate turnout.

Just a thought.

As it is a shame that all the poll results on this forum have been rendered basically useless/skewed due to shill accounts.

Ze-

I have to say, I'm shcoked as well. Definitely a case of shill votes. Goldust and I are probably the most vocal of the "Moorists" and voted for GSX #1 and I did not skew the voting (by voting more than once or using a shill). Andy has said the same, and I believe him.

Somebody trying to stir up trouble as there have already been cries of shilling the Moore books.

Kenny's solution is the only way to get a true count. And that's alot of work for Alex. It's a shame that some people have to ruin it for the rest of us by causing controversy at every turn on what's supposed to be a fun thread. sumo.gif

And the winner is:

64 59%

Giant Sized X-Men #1

45 41%

Just a thought.

Ze-

I have to say, I'm shcoked as well. Definitely a case of shill votes. Goldust and I are probably the most vocal of the "Moorists" and voted for GSX #1 and I did not skew the voting (by voting more than once or using a shill). Andy has said the same, and I believe him.

Somebody trying to stir up trouble as there have already been cries of shilling the Moore books.

Kenny's solution is the only way to get a true count. And that's alot of work for Alex. It's a shame that some people have to ruin it for the rest of us by causing controversy at every turn on what's supposed to be a fun thread. sumo.gif

I'm most likely to go with a different format for the semi's and finals to avoid this problem. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

So when the results don't meet your expectations,you change the methods to get the results you expect?

This is why I don't bother voting in polls like this.

If you had one chance to hook a newbie on comics,which would you give him? My choice would be The Supes,without a doubt.A superior story with good art vs.a story of a guy gathering a bunch of newbies to rescue some mutants from a living island?

Without a doubt,GSX-Men is a more important historical book than The Final Superman story,but no way is it a better story or drawn better.

So when the results don't meet your expectations,you change the methods to get the results you expect?

If you had one chance to hook a newbie on comics,which would you give him? My choice would be The Supes,without a doubt.A superior story with good art vs.a story of a guy gathering a bunch of newbies to rescue some mutants from a living island?

Without a doubt,GSX-Men is a more important historical book than The Final Superman story,but no way is it a better story or drawn better.

Frankly, I don't have any expectations in regards to who will win. I don't really care. If you look at the numbers in the previous rounds, it is obvious that there were shenanegans taking place here. If I wanted to get different results, I would have called this round null and void and do it again, but I did not do that.

What I am going to do is have people PM me with their vote. I was planning on doing this for the final anyways. Now I will be doing it for the semi's as well. This way people won't be able to manipulate the voting. I have nothing to gain from any of these books winning, I don't really care, all I am interested in is a fair means of getting the results. And since there are those out there who (for some reason) would like to manufacture the results to their liking, I think this is the only way to do it.

And if anyone would like to challenge my integrity in regards to me being fair about PM'ing me the result, bring it on now, so I can cut your head off and [#@$%!!!] down your throat. 893censored-thumb.gif

Frankly, I don't have any expectations in regards to who will win. I don't really care. If you look at the numbers in the previous rounds, it is obvious that there were shenanegans taking place here. If I wanted to get different results, I would have called this round null and void and do it again, but I did not do that.

What I am going to do is have people PM me with their vote. I was planning on doing this for the final anyways. Now I will be doing it for the semi's as well. This way people won't be able to manipulate the voting. I have nothing to gain from any of these books winning, I don't really care, all I am interested in is a fair means of getting the results. And since there are those out there who (for some reason) would like to manufacture the results to their liking, I think this is the only way to do it.

And if anyone would like to challenge my integrity in regards to me being fair about PM'ing me the result, bring it on now, so I can cut your head off and [#@$%!!!] down your throat. 893censored-thumb.gif

blush.gifpopcorn.gif

All I can say is...

What's the point?

Since you believe there was an issue with the voting on this thread

the only real way to make this solid at all is have a voter registration

(where the total number allowed to participate is an odd number-

so there wouldn't be any ties) and a sign in process to cast the votes.

But to be SO technical on such a laid back thread is just overbearing.

I mean who knows the coinees could of come over here and shilled the place up

just to see us whine like little girls...

I say no other thread in thi series has 109 total votes, thus this has been altered,

which reguardless of who you voted for, makes the integrity of this thread stained and

basically worthless.

UGH!

tongue.gif

All I can say is...

What's the point?

Since you believe there was an issue with the voting on this thread

the only real way to make this solid at all is have a voter registration

(where the total number allowed to participate is an odd number-

so there wouldn't be any ties) and a sign in process to cast the votes.

But to be SO technical on such a laid back thread is just overbearing.

I mean who knows the coinees could of come over here and shilled the place up

just to see us whine like little girls...

I say no other thread in thi series has 109 total votes, thus this has been altered,

which reguardless of who you voted for, makes the integrity of this thread stained and

basically worthless.

UGH!

tongue.gif

All I can say is, I am going to be doing it the PM way. makepoint.gif This way, it is more fair, AND it can still be a surprise for everyone, except for me.