• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller Signings for 2016

72 posts in this topic

I will be attending Mega Con in Orlando in May. I am completely new to the world of CGC Signature Series. If I am trying to get the CGC-verified signatures of Stan Lee, Frank Miller, and Klaus Janson on one of my books that has already been graded by CGC, how do I go about doing that? Thank you in advance for your response!!!

I will also be attending Megacon in Orlando in May. I am also extremely new to the world of CGC Signature series. I would like to get the CGC verified signatures of Frank Miller and Klaus Janson on 2 books. Neither has been graded by CGC, they are both raw, ungraded books. What is the exact process I need to do to attain the CGC verified signatures and what will be the estimated fees? I greatly appreciate your instruction and please excuse my ignorance.

Please visit us at Frank's booth at megacon we will be happy to collect your books and bring them to him for his CGC signing. For pricing view below and other clients view below.

http://www.comicsketchart.com/frank-miller-cgc-signing-faq.html

Not to insult anyone but isn't $150 for a signature out of line? I'm not dismissing the idea if the market demands it let them pay it, this is capitalist america, but seriously it seems silly. If you look at what a Wayne Gretzky or Michael Jordan autograph sell for, it's really not far off that number. Is he being compared in the same light?

To each their own.

Edit: I am even more confused now that you mentioned in one of the earlier posts he will sign one item for free. He only likes charging if someone is grading a book through CGC?

This has all been discussed in the past. It is what it is. Mr. Peters is providing a service. Mr. Miller is providing his time, energy and signature. On top of that 150 plus grading is far less than it was even just a few months back. Mr. Miller had been away from conventions for a while and now he is back and signing and that is a good thing. I appreciate that Mr. Peter's and Mr. Miller are using there time and energy and money to make this possible for us.

On top of that there are many comic artist that I would love to get signatures from on certain books that have said no or no to CGC. Mr. Miller is allowing it and ultimately he doesn't have to.

As for your Wayne Gretsky and Micheal Jordan being 150 an autograph. Please provide info as to where they will be having a public signing for 150 and autograph as I would love a SS Sports Illustrated signed by both of these sports legends.

This has all been discussed in the past. It is what it is. Mr. Peters is providing a service. Mr. Miller is providing his time, energy and signature. On top of that 150 plus grading is far less than it was even just a few months back. Mr. Miller had been away from conventions for a while and now he is back and signing and that is a good thing. I appreciate that Mr. Peter's and Mr. Miller are using there time and energy and money to make this possible for us.

On top of that there are many comic artist that I would love to get signatures from on certain books that have said no or no to CGC. Mr. Miller is allowing it and ultimately he doesn't have to.

As for your Wayne Gretsky and Micheal Jordan being 150 an autograph. Please provide info as to where they will be having a public signing for 150 and autograph as I would love a SS Sports Illustrated signed by both of these sports legends.

You make some excellent points and of course I don't disagree because capitalism.

As for the gretzky/jordan stuff I have never looked at their signing prices, only what a certified autograph is worth on the secondary market. In the end, shouldn't that be the more important number anyway. I'm not sure that a Miller autograph will increase a books value by $200 so it comes down to personal value, not actual market value, to decide if it is worthwhile.

On top of that 150 plus grading is far less than it was even just a few months back.

Noooooooo kidding. :sick:

I am sure that if Jordan signed for SS the value would be more than 150.00 As for the value of miller books go on ebay and look. If you can find a miller SS book for less than 200 it probably has a low grade. One other thing to consider is in the past Miller was only available at SDCC NYCC or Chicago. No other cons were able to get miller from about 2004 to current. So you could get a free miller but. Those free miller autographs cost you 300 to 600 for airfare, 1000 to 2000 for hotel, 100 to 300 for admission to the convention, Your time effort prep work ect. and even then it took tact, class, and moxie. Now you just Walk up to the comic sketch art booth and say "Hi I am Joe Collector and I would like this book signed by Frank Miller" Mr. Peter's or one of his crew members would most likely say "Absolutely that will be 'this much' please fill out this submission form" and you are done and you are absolutely sure you will get your Frank Miller autograph.

Is the situation ideal no. But artist wish to be paid for their time now. and Facilitators wish to be paid for their time aswell. CGC needs to be paid for their time also. I am sure you require a pay check to work a job. So do these people. Sometimes their paycheck is just more than yours.

You should look at it from this perspective. Some artist are free and that is great but some want to be paid and atleast I still have the opportunity to get their autograph.

You make some excellent points and of course I don't disagree because capitalism.

As for the gretzky/jordan stuff I have never looked at their signing prices, only what a certified autograph is worth on the secondary market. In the end, shouldn't that be the more important number anyway. I'm not sure that a Miller autograph will increase a books value by $200 so it comes down to personal value, not actual market value, to decide if it is worthwhile.

With stuff like this, and when you don't have a ton of experience with it, it's best to do some research and not trust your gut.

Case in point.....DD 181.

Miller%20price%20comp_zpsljhktrt1.jpg

Planning on attending Megacon again this to get a few more sigs in my 75 Years of Marvel and 75 Years of DC. What would be the cost to get a FM sig in each of them. Do I have to submit or is this something I can do on my own?

Thanks

Planning on attending Megacon again this to get a few more sigs in my 75 Years of Marvel and 75 Years of DC. What would be the cost to get a FM sig in each of them. Do I have to submit or is this something I can do on my own?

Thanks

Frank millers signature fee is $150 per book. CGC will then charge you around $50 for grading and shipping back to you.

You can drop the books off at Frank's table and my staff can help you through the process.

Thanks

Frank millers signature fee is $150 per book. CGC will then charge you around $50 for grading and shipping back to you.

You can drop the books off at Frank's table and my staff can help you through the process.

These books are not going to be CGC'd. They are OVERSIZED taschen coffee table books.( about 800 to 1000 pages).

My question is would there be a fee to get these signed by Frank. Again CGC is NOT in the equation.

Thanks

These books are not going to be CGC'd. They are OVERSIZED taschen coffee table books.( about 800 to 1000 pages).

My question is would there be a fee to get these signed by Frank. Again CGC is NOT in the equation.

if you are lucky enough to win the lottery he will sign one of them for free for you via the line. If not then I believe Fan Expo is running their own system for raw item signings. I suggest sending them an email.

http://megaconvention.com/contact/

We will only be doing CGC stuff privately at the show, other oversized items if you cannot get in touch with Fan Expo can be done during our June signing. But you will have to mail us the items and send us an email on our website.

Thanks

if you are lucky enough to win the lottery he will sign one of them for free for you via the line. If not then I believe Fan Expo is running their own system for raw item signings. I suggest sending them an email.

http://megaconvention.com/contact/

We will only be doing CGC stuff privately at the show, other oversized items if you cannot get in touch with Fan Expo can be done during our June signing. But you will have to mail us the items and send us an email on our website.

(thumbs u

Thanks