• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st appearance was in their own self-named title?

52 posts in this topic

Something I've wondered lately...how many superhero characters' (or teams') first appearance was in their OWN title (that was named after them)? This eliminates a LOT of characters like Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, etc. But how many make the list? I can only think of a few off-hand:

Captain America

Fantastic Four

GA Flash (even though he wasn't the only character in the book)

Hulk

Luke Cage

X-Men

I'm sure there are more. I'd prefer to leave out a lot of the dreck from the 90's, but let me know what characters/teams you guys can think of. I'd be curious what the definitive list would be.

Claw

Omega

Black Goliath

Firestorm

Booster Gold

Skull the Slayer

Devil Dinosaur

The Eternals?

Night Nurse

Nova

I stuck to DC and Marvel,as most heroes from the Independant companies fall into this grouping. also ,I did this off the top of my head so may be off on a couple.

the original ghost rider & tomb of dracula

Original Ghost Rider was A-1 #27 from Magazine Enterprises (ME).

ya beat me to it POV............

if the Champions count, then why not the Avengers?? they never appeared as the avengers anywhere before (ie., JLA in B&B or defenders in marvel premier, etc.).

i think Phantom Lady counts, too........... cloud9.gif

the original ghost rider & tomb of dracula

Original Ghost Rider was A-1 #27 from Magazine Enterprises (ME).

I thought that was true, but didn't have anything at work to research.

if the Champions count, then why not the Avengers?? they never appeared as the avengers anywhere before (ie., JLA in B&B or defenders in marvel premier, etc.).

i think Phantom Lady counts, too........... cloud9.gif

I would say Avengers counts, as would Champions. As you said some groups appear in other books and then receive their own titles. Like JLA, Teen Titans, and I think New Warriors.