• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman #1 CGC 6.5 on eBay @ no reserve

24 posts in this topic

How is it a ballsy move to auction a book 2 months before the release of the movie? That's basically peak time.

January is historically just about the worst month of the year to sell comics.

Is it really? hm I just sold 3 books on consignment sites at full asking within the last week. All 3 had been sitting on their respective sites for over 6 months. All 3 were 4 figure books. In fact I was very surprised that they all happened to sell within a week of each other after having sat for months.

How is it a ballsy move to auction a book 2 months before the release of the movie? That's basically peak time.

January is historically just about the worst month of the year to sell comics.

Is it really? hm I just sold 3 books on consignment sites at full asking within the last week. All 3 had been sitting on their respective sites for over 6 months. All 3 were 4 figure books. In fact I was very surprised that they all happened to sell within a week of each other after having sat for months.

It's kind of funny because if you watch for it, you'll see that people make this claim nearly year-round -- "this is a bad month to sell." January, I guess the excuse is post-holiday lack of money. Summer, it's convention season and people are outside more/on vacation/not paying attention to auctions. Late in the year, it's holiday season and nobody is buying. You can pretty much come up with an excuse at any time of the year why it's a "bad" time to sell.

eBay's not really the best place to sell a book like this Spidey 1, but if the seller was determined that an eBay auction was the way to go, you could almost make the argument that now IS a good time to sell, since there aren't any of the major auction houses with auctions at the moment, more people are inside with the cold weather, nobody is on vacation; and I'd think that as a result, you'll get more traffic on eBay now vs. other "bad" times of the year.