• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Experience with over seas purchases?

26 posts in this topic

So I made an offer on the comic (listed as buy now or best offer). He countered by the following morning. I go and try to except the counter, and the item is listed as no longer available. It is not listed as sold by eBay, so I can only assume he pulled the listing before I could except the counter. Smells fishy to me, likely best that I did not get it. Seller did have a 100% positive rating with several thousand transactions..

So I made an offer on the comic (listed as buy now or best offer). He countered by the following morning. I go and try to except the counter, and the item is listed as no longer available. It is not listed as sold by eBay, so I can only assume he pulled the listing before I could except the counter. Smells fishy to me, likely best that I did not get it. Seller did have a 100% positive rating with several thousand transactions..

If you did not accept the offer in time, somone else could have BIN or have been countered and accepted.

If you did not accept the offer in time, somone else could have BIN or have been countered and accepted.

But it would be listed as a sale if you searched sold and completed listings it is not.

If someone lives in the UK, has several thousand transactions on eBay and 100% feedback I think you worried overly much and waited overly long. The listing no longer being available only means the book is no longer available. Seller may well have other venues they sell in.

We can't sell the book twice I'm afraid - we have a website listing over 60,000 books, and only about 10 % of them are listed on eBay. Think of it like MCS - a web or phone order comes in, the book gets pulled from eBay, end of story.

Sorry, but those are the breaks with popular books like these - we sell a lot of books and ship all over the US as well as Europe.