• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby Sketches

29 posts in this topic

Actually the second one is suppose to be real.

I saw the blog that came from I think the guy got suckered. His other pieces looked real but not that one. Glen have you ever seen a quick Kirby full body sketch of the Thung?

Just be aware that everything I say has the caveat of "up until now" or "as far as I know," but: Jack didn't draw at conventions. He didn't do quickie sketches and when he did, they were Cap heads, with inscriptions. He tended to bring to cons finished sketches of Cap or the Hulk, but they usually had some extra details (like rocks) and when they were of other characters, they tended to have backgrounds or details far beyond the Thing piece that you thought was real. It's clumsy and the body isn't assembled the way Jack drew him. Always possible I'm wrong.

I got it on ebay w/ paypal should be easy to get my money back and if not it was very cheap which is why I took the chance the seller was selling nothing but autographs and when I asked about he was quick to respond to my question. He may have believed it to be real himself.