• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something about this makes my spidey sense go off...

14 posts in this topic

Thanks for the warnings guys! I'm always leary of non-slabbed books that folks on eBay claim to be NM, so someone claiming it's a 9.4 is already sort of shady. The "pre-registered bidders only" thing is also suspicious, and the 300% refund if it comes back restored seems a little too good to be true as well.

The link to that last post confirmed it. I'm stepping away from the auction... Closing eBay... Must resist...

I'm never gonna get this book in a 9.4 or higher for less than this though... [#@$%!!!].

frown.gif

Thanks for the warnings guys! I'm always leary of non-slabbed books that folks on eBay claim to be NM, so someone claiming it's a 9.4 is already sort of shady. The "pre-registered bidders only" thing is also suspicious, and the 300% refund if it comes back restored seems a little too good to be true as well.

The link to that last post confirmed it. I'm stepping away from the auction... Closing eBay... Must resist...

I'm never gonna get this book in a 9.4 or higher for less than this though... [#@$%!!!].

frown.gif

Buck up little camper! Never say never. I can't you how many times I have passed on or missed an auction and thought that I would never see that book at that price again....only to come across another in a month or two. Then again, I collect VF bronze crazy.gif.

Anyone think that a VG to VG+ copy of that book is worth slabbing? Doesn't turn up that much in any grade. I have a nice copy, other than that darn cover length crease on the front.....

Anyone think that a VG to VG+ copy of that book is worth slabbing? Doesn't turn up that much in any grade. I have a nice copy, other than that darn cover length crease on the front.....

I have 4 copies and will probably pick up another this weekend. One I have as a signature series signed by Stan Lee (a 5.5). The other 3 are unslabbed. The nicest of those I could see as a 6.0 and the other is around a 5.0. The final one was a coverless copy I made my own cover for.

Still, my dream is to own a high grade (9.0 at the least) of this issue. One day it will happen!