• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc variant covers from valiant

16 posts in this topic

Variants are taking over with all sorts of gimmicks so what does everyone thing about the cgc variants coming from valiant comics? I was on the fence about getting them but once i seen the faith #1 in person i decided to dive in. The artwork is clean and done well and i would love to have a graded set. you can check them out here for those who dont know what in talking about.

I like that the CGC cover for A&A gives the heads up that it debuts a new character.

I agree i hope cgc joins in on the fun and uses the same comments set on the books and i hope they all release on time so the dates will match lol i went to 4 shops and could only find 1 book but it is a 9.8 candidate for sure

All the books will definitely be on time. Since Valiant returned in 2012 it has never shipped a book late. Almost 5 years of books on time and counting!

I like that the CGC cover for A&A gives the heads up that it debuts a new character.

I agree i hope cgc joins in on the fun and uses the same comments set on the books and i hope they all release on time so the dates will match lol i went to 4 shops and could only find 1 book but it is a 9.8 candidate for sure

Pretty funny! How bad will you have to wreck the Eternal Warrior one to get a 3.0 on it? I think having that one graded a 3.0 would be neat

I wonder if you could provide the CGC graders with permission in writing, to keep damaging the book until they agree it's a 3.0. hm(thumbs u

All the books will definitely be on time. Since Valiant returned in 2012 it has never shipped a book late. Almost 5 years of books on time and counting!

Well, then get back to work. And keep up the good work.

Signed,

A Faithful Servant

Pretty funny! How bad will you have to wreck the Eternal Warrior one to get a 3.0 on it? I think having that one graded a 3.0 would be neat

I wonder if you could provide the CGC graders with permission in writing, to keep damaging the book until they agree it's a 3.0. hm(thumbs u

The thing is, it's also Restored, so there's some additional amateur retouching that needs to happen.

This might be the first case where a lower grade, and generally less-desirable label, ends up commanding a much higher price than a Universal high-grade. Also, I imagine that there is going to be a dearth of truly high-grade copies of this book (in comparison to the other replica variants) as some people try to nab themselves a Restored 3.0

Alternately, can you specify with a screen that you only want it slabbed if it's a 3.0?

Alternately, can you specify with a screen that you only want it slabbed if it's a 3.0?

Does screening have a maximum grade to go with the minimum grade?

Minimum Grade: 3.0

Maximum Grade: 3.0

lol

I sure hope people don't destroy these in masses trying for a 3.0. But i will admit i would spend a few $$ to get one graded 3.0 restored for my collection lol just would hate to see how many miss the mark at 2.5 and 3.5. But i guess they can be cracked and resubbed for another chance.