• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When people smoke stuff and then post on eBay

58 posts in this topic

If this was a image drawn by a toddler that is now a budding artist in the industry maybe...

but this was slopped together by a 20 year old, so I guess you can say the gift skipped a generation.

:insane:

You know maybe you didn´t noted its a 35 cents but i support you.... the buyers are the ones who are smoking something , this book is overvalued in my opinion : No real 1st appearance here and people pays thousands of dollars just because of the price variant

You know maybe you didn´t noted its a 35 cents but i support you.... the buyers are the ones who are smoking something , this book is overvalued in my opinion : No real 1st appearance here and people pays thousands of dollars just because of the price variant

I am not denying my lack of knowledge when it comes to sales numbers on that particular book. I knew that the 35 cent commanded a premium, but it is still a stupid number when the regular variant sells for a few hundred. So for different reasons, I still think it is a stupid number to pay.

If this was a image drawn by a toddler that is now a budding artist in the industry maybe...

but this was slopped together by a 20 year old, so I guess you can say the gift skipped a generation.

Best line of the listing:

NOT ONLY IS IT VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ARTWORK BY VINNY ROMITA (WHO HAS CHOSEN NOT TO PURSUE AN ARTISTIC CAREER)

NOT ONLY IS IT VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ARTWORK BY VINNY ROMITA (WHO HAS CHOSEN NOT TO PURSUE AN ARTISTIC CAREER)

:roflmao:

Last 9.0 35c Price Variant sold for over 16k...

:news:

who in their right mind would spend 16k on a 35 cent variant???

hm a low grade Amazing Fantasy 15

or a Star Wars 1 35 variant cover .... tough

The person who already has a low grade Amazing Fantasy 15.

I'd rather have two AF 15's than buy a 35 cent variant

but that's just me... and I love Star Wars

Last 9.0 35c Price Variant sold for over 16k...

:news:

who in their right mind would spend 16k on a 35 cent variant???

hm a low grade Amazing Fantasy 15

or a Star Wars 1 35 variant cover .... tough

The person who already has a low grade Amazing Fantasy 15.

I'd rather have two AF 15's than buy a 35 cent variant

but that's just me... and I love Star Wars

Look what that Vader Down variant was getting. Shook my head at that one also.

The whole thing is goofy as hell. I've seen plenty of Romita/Romita/Lee signed items on ebay-cels and whatnot-and they sell for like $200. There's currently one on ebay for $450 that has sat there for years:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-SPIDER-MAN-AND-FRIENDS-3-POSES-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-JOHN-ROMITA-SR-AND-JR-/141396908608?hash=item20ebe99a40:m:mIGS42AHRFGhJoczagDcMRA

The addition of Vinny-who has nothing to do with comics-upping the value by 17K is preposterous.

:roflmao:

I dunno, it's about as good as some of the recent Frank Miller stuff I've seen

I am not denying my lack of knowledge when it comes to sales numbers on that particular book. I knew that the 35 cent commanded a premium, but it is still a stupid number when the regular variant sells for a few hundred. So for different reasons, I still think it is a stupid number to pay.

So you decided with your admitted lack of knowledge on this particular book that it was a good idea to start a thread to Krap on what others collect and what they pay for them? (shrug)

Well, just because this seems to be around current market price doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous!

It is ridiculous that a 400 square foot apartment rents for $3800 a month in NYC.

Well, just because this seems to be around current market price doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous!

It is ridiculous that a 400 square foot apartment rents for $3800 a month in NYC.

WHILE a beautiful 2 family townhouse in Dayton OH is selling for 75K

Wow! I wish I could find any beautiful place to live the has "house" in it under six

figures here in the piedmont.

The 1900 sq ft euro house I own right now in Durham will set you back at least 180k and that's with no garage!

WHILE a beautiful 2 family townhouse in Dayton OH is selling for 75K

Wow! I wish I could find any beautiful place to live the has "house" in it under six

figures here in the piedmont.

The 1900 sq ft euro house I own right now in Durham will set you back at least 180k and that's with no garage!

Thing is, if it is under six figures for a real "house", that means the local economy is depressed as heck. A 1900 square foot house with any decent amenities is probably going to cost $150-$200K just to build even in a relatively low labor cost area (the same house would cost 2-3X as much to build where I live), maybe more. $75K houses in a town means the labor market has some real problems. of course, if you are the person with a good job in one of those places you are making out like a bandit!