• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION on Cartoon Network (12/16/16)

65 posts in this topic

Justice League Action Coming to Cartoon Network with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill

Justice League Action, the long-rumored new Justice League animated series, was officially announced by Cartoon Network Friday. The animated show, based on DC Comics characters, has no official release date, but is listed as "coming soon" in a press release.

Notably, the series will include Kevin Conroy reprising his role as Batman, which he's been playing since Batman: The Animated Series in 1992, making this his twenty-fifth year with the character. His counterpart since then has been Mark Hamill as the Joker, and he will also make his return for Justice League Action. They'll be joined by James Woods as Lex Luthor, Diedrich Bader (the voice of Batman on Batman: The Brave and the Bold) as Booster Gold, and many more thus-far unannounced voice actors.

rbeJkcQ.jpg

You may not dig the Teen Titans Go animated series on Cartoon Network, but I distinctly remember reading that it was one of the most successful and popular cartoons ever produced for that network.

I'd imagine they're trying to reproduce that for the same younger demographic.

Greg Weisman Teases Hope for Young Justice Season 3

Greg Weisman thinks there could still be a future for Young Justice. While announcing that the critically acclaimed cartoon’s second season was available on Netflix Instant Streaming, Young Justice’s executive producer hinted that the show could see new life if there were enough interest.

Weisman clarified in subsequent tweets that while Warner Bros (or Netflix) hadn’t expressed interest in a third season, a strong showing on Netflix could motivate WB into action on a potential third season.

Could potentially have a fallback Justice League option.

The voice casting sounds awesome...the art looks terrible though.
+1

Art looks like that "Kids Stuff" episode where the JL were transformed into children.

justice-league-unlimited-season-1-3-kids-stuff-batman-superman-wonder-woman-green-lantern-kids-transformed.jpg

This style of animation really turns me off. Same with Teen Titans Go. I can't watch it.