• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic books are heavy!

25 posts in this topic

And the next move is to invest in a good quality dolly, IE hand truck.
'Heavy' is relative when it comes to lugging large libraries around. (said the blasphemous heretic. :insane::shy: )

verbatim-store-n-go-v3-usb-drive-32gb-32gb-usb-20-usb-30-black-grey.png

The hell is that thing...some sort of devil device!

It's some kinda Pixle Pixie witchery. (shrug) They get in there somehow.

tumblr_m8lbj5U8WO1rujbfb.gifTinkerbellStuckInKeyhole13fSM.gif

I was literally just telling my girlfriend how heavy the books I just bought were. 4 longboxes of DC archive Hardcovers and 30 IDW artist/archive editions.

The smaller archive editions are nbd, but about half of these things are like 30+ lbs for each book! They are freaking gigantic. You could beat the out of someone with one of these things.

And the next move is to invest in a good quality dolly, IE hand truck.

Way ahead of you. I invested in one handy dolly for my short boxes to move around when I need it for con shows. It's a folding hand dolly and can carry up to 350 lbs max or about 8 short boxes stacked up (3 x 3 x 2). It paid itself fast after a few times used.

Wotta buncha weenies. I'm a fat old man at 61, and still think nothing of tossing a long box up on my shoulder and ambling off with it, or loading four or five on a hand cart and trundling them wherever they need to go.

Once or twice, lol

Sixteen times up two flights of stairs, on the other hand...

Yeah, after these stairs, I'm done and be smarter to change my methods to make trips easier. Like what the 3 Stooges did .... Still one of the classics in my book!