• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your modus operandi?

42 posts in this topic

I am curious about your modus operandi as a collector/reader.

Do you buy new comics on a weekly basis?

Do you buy only back issues?

Do you buy to read or only to collect?

Personally, I have been buying new comics on a weekly basis but I recently stopped (during Secret Wars, this was way too much). I am now buying some back issues, mostly to read them and enjoy them. I buy cheap back issues. For example, I just got a bunch of Classic X-Men and some Alpha Flight. I will then bag and board them.

Marvel Unlimited is the way to go so as not to end up with long box after long box of stuff that I "might" go back and read "one day".

After that, I collect pieces of paper sealed in plastic cases.

Back collecting after a 35y break. Ambition is to buy back all the issues I had owned from approx. 1977-79. Back then I was also a big Neal Adams fan and my goal at the time was to purchase all his work ... never got there, but trying harder this time around! I collect, but definitely also read all the comics I get my hands on. It really brings back lot's of happy memories.

The only 'newer' stuff I've purchased for now are Adam's Batman Odyssey and First X-men.

I've got an account with ComiXology now, and may try out some current issues. If I find stuff that appeals to me I just may go out and get hard copies, but not really a priority.

I limit my budget to two hundred dollars a month. I have a small subscription of about ten titles that average 30 to 40 bucks. The rest goes to back issues,usually silver and bronze books. I read them all. Even the silly ones.

kudos for reading the silly one's!

I limit my budget to two hundred dollars a month. I have a small subscription of about ten titles that average 30 to 40 bucks. The rest goes to back issues,usually silver and bronze books. I read them all. Even the silly ones.

Oh yeah! I went through a year long phase of reading Lois Lane comics. It was great!

Oh yeah! I went through a year long phase of reading Lois Lane comics. It was great!

.... (worship)

Ha! Good point, as I did find them kind of odd indeed. However it's actually those issues that rekindled my romance (thumbs u . A few weeks after picking-up an Odyssey issue (was waiting for wife and comic shop happened to be next door), Comiccon came to town. Neal Adams was going to be there and since it was on my bucket list to meet him, I went. I got my picture taken with him, paid $75 to have him draw a small Batman profife on a poster he was selling, bought lot's of back issues and have just kept on going since then!