• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan Collections

12 posts in this topic

Has the original Marvel series been collected in color?

Dark Horse has put out the collections of the original comic series, recolored and restored and it looks.... well.... it looks horrifying, and doesn't include some of the original information, editorial comments, or the covers.

My favorite way it was collected, was the Essential Conan collection by Marvel, but in Black and White, unaltered, and absolutely gorgeous, which included the covers. Out of print, but you can sometimes find it on eBay for $20-ish. Includes 1-25 of the original series. It is seriously the best way to read this material.

I wasn't overly impressed with the original coloring of the series and a great deal of the time felt it distracted from the art... just my humble opinion....!

Google 'Chronicles of Conan Dark Horse pictures' and you'll find some stuff

Conan_dark-horse-1.jpg

That makes my blood boil.

There's nothing wrong with the coloring of newsprint books.

Google 'Chronicles of Conan Dark Horse pictures' and you'll find some stuff

Conan_dark-horse-1.jpg

That makes my blood boil.

There's nothing wrong with the coloring of newsprint books.

Really, that's not even that bad a one. Some of it is just plain horrible, without even making a comparison. I'd much rather find some beat up reading copies.