• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay shipping question

10 posts in this topic

Quick question, how would you reply if you won a fairly expensive book on Ebay, paid promptly and the seller sends to you an email the next asking for more shipping? I received an email asking if I wanted shipping and it would be an extra $15.

thanks for any and all advice.

Yeah, they're supposed to post UP FRONT the shipping method and shipping cost so any potential buyer knows what they're getting into. Of course, if you want an alternate form of shipping beyond what's listed, it would be reasonable for them to ask for extra funds, but not in this case!

Sometimess it depends, in UK I post shipping costs on my eay but this does not include Highlands and islands, which are part of the UK but are hard to get too so couriers charge extra. This is stated in my t's and c's but not many people read them. I always have to email them to ask for more for shipping.

I'm not saying this is the case in your situation but sometimes it's not just black and white.

"Thank you for your order of Avengers 248. I will need an extra $50 shipping to send it. Have a nice day."

eBay is actually better now than years past guiding sellers to the correct shipping cost of items they sell. $15 is a lot to be off track. The seller bears the responsibility of correctly adding up the shipping cost before listing any item for sale.

I would refuse and report them or ask to cancel the transaction completely.