• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #23

8 posts in this topic

Given the amount of spine area missing, I'd think 0.5, but 1.0 is possible. If wraps are married I guess CGC would still consider it "Qualified", though one would hardly think it matters at this grade level. Ultimately, it is what it is, a reasonably complete entry level copy.

I'm curious as to why folks think there is value in slabbing such a copy. Is there sales evidence to indicate it would actually sell for more, or even cover the slabbing costs?

I can see slabbing brittle and other fragile low grade books worth a bit of money, as they will only get worse from handling, and with higher four figure books and up there seems to be a desire just to have books slabbed regardless of low or no grade, perhaps because it makes it easier to quantify as a commodity, as such books aren't really collected to read much anymore. But I would think a book like this would be best enjoyed raw (shrug)