• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If it wasn't for bad luck,

41 posts in this topic

i wouldn't have no luck at all!!!!!!!!!!

so after waiting over 2 years to get off my lazy and send in three of my biggest keys to CGC for "Walk-Thru" service, i get a call from Gemma explaining that my FF#1, DD#1 and JIM #83 have been received in sarasota as of yesterday, BUT.........all the graders are in LA at Wizard World....... mad.giffrown.gif893whatthe.gif

so after waiting over 2 years to get off my lazy and send in three of my biggest keys to CGC for "Walk-Thru" service, i get a call from Gemma explaining that my FF#1, DD#1 and JIM #83 have been received in sarasota as of yesterday, BUT.........all the graders are in LA at Wizard World....... mad.giffrown.gif893whatthe.gif

So do you still have to pay for Walk-Thru service?

And why are "all" the graders gone? Aren't the comics sitting at CGC Central just as important as some con drop offs/walk-ins? No wonder the turnaround times never seem to change...the guys are too busy taking boondoggles while your comics are collecting dust and your money is collecting interest... frustrated.gif

Jim

DiceX and I sent in books a few weeks ago. They were supposed to be graded early this week, BUT the graders were slightly behind and then left EARLY for LA. So now we're looking at not having them graded for another week and a half. mad.gif893censored-thumb.gif

West and Newt are still in Sarasota. confused-smiley-013.gif

of course they are probably busy dressing Newt up as Princess Amadala for the upcoming line for Star Wars.

Yeah, they told us grading was going to be delayed.

West and Newt are still in Sarasota. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's two....you need three to grade... makepoint.gif

I find it odd that grading operations stop, and paid customers made to wait, so the boys can go off to conventions. I don't necessarily have a problem with them going but grading shouldn't be impacted while they do so...

Jim

Don't worry Burnt I'm sure they are getting passed around for lunch time reading with some of the more junior staff. poke2.gif You are lucky enough to have spent only 34 cents on those books and they could probably fetch $34,000 when its all said and done. Can I get some of your luck. tongue.gif

Harry, here's what I'd do....I'd take the dresser that you stored your collection in, and have it reduced to wood chips. Then, imbed each piece in a tiny lucite block and market them as BurntBoy Comic Preservation Reliquary. A collector places one of these relics into a longbox, and his comics will be magically preserved for the next 40 years.

Okay, it's a slow night. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm certainly not as anxious as Harry about all this, BUT I STILL WANNA KNOW THE GRADES! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif You pay for a certain tier of service, then you ought to get that service. When you don't, CGC should acknowledge same with some kind of refund/credit.

I know it costs more but, man, I love the feeling of instant gratification (less the mortification that follows from seeing some of the labels) that comes from on-site grading.

Harry, here's what I'd do....I'd take the dresser that you stored your collection in, and have it reduced to wood chips. Then, imbed each piece in a tiny lucite block and market them as BurntBoy Comic Preservation Reliquary. A collector places one of these relics into a longbox, and his comics will be magically preserved for the next 40 years.

that's funny - the Ex still does have that dresser in a spare bedroom. i should probably ask for it and put it in my comic room/office as a biga$$ momento... grin.gif

Don't worry Burnt I'm sure they are getting passed around for lunch time reading with some of the more junior staff. poke2.gif You are lucky enough to have spent only 34 cents on those books and they could probably fetch $34,000 when its all said and done. Can I get some of your luck. tongue.gif

you're correct, of course - i'm just a little whiney beeyotch............ grin.gif

you're correct, of course - i'm just a little whiney beeyotch............ grin.gif

Ah but a beeyotch with nice comics. stooges.gifyay.gif

A beeyotch with nice comics is still a beeyotch. Just like a beeyotch with big knockers is still a beeyotch. grin.gif

that's funny - the Ex still does have that dresser in a spare bedroom. i should probably ask for it and put it in my comic room/office as a biga$$ momento... grin.gif

Hell, auction the whole sucker off on Heritage. Problem will be getting it from....the EX. Once they know you want something back...you can kiss it goodbye. yeahok.gif