• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade! Hulk #2

16 posts in this topic

Okay, so this scan is from the auction, and HA doesn't provide a rear cover scan. Book is on its way back from CGC.

So yes, incomplete info, but give it a stab based on the front. I'll add more info as we go, including Heritage's grade and grader notes.

Linked image is HUGE, so beware wee displays.

IghKOuAl.jpg

Heritage calls it a 1.8.

Graders' notes read:

Whole Book Moderate Multiple Crease

Whole Book Multiple Chip Out

Whole Book Multiple Tape

Whole Book Small Multiple Tear

Grade text reads:

Cover re-attached with tape. Tape on cover & interior cover.

It is blue label.

At least one person so far has the grade right.

Come on DtD. Reveal.

I know, I know! I forgot about this for a day or two.

CGC gave it a 1.0. :(

I should've kept the nice 2.0 I had! In hand, this one looks every bit the 1.0. In fact, it looked so tattered that I didn't remove it from the Heritage packaging. I just sent it on straight to CGC, afraid to open it myself. A bit disappointing as I'd been pleased with Heritage's raw grades before.

When I read your addition of the label notes, 'cover reattached with tape' did jump out. If the front cover was split and reattached... it looks like it because the FC is a bit shifted... that's likely an automatic 1.0 unless the rest of it is stunning. One of those flaws CGC really hammers these days... I have a number of golden age books like that.