• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Insurance?

8 posts in this topic

I just got my latest insurance premium bill for 2003 for my collectibles insurance. My company is Collectibles Insurance Agency. I'm curious what some of you other collectors do to insure your collections against fire, burglary, etc. Looks like my policy covers mail damage and even auction fraud. Not sure of the details, but I will review it soon.

Any of you had to file a claim against an insurer for loss? Any problems?

Thanks!

Mike

State Farm - a "collectibles rider" on my homeowner's policy. Requires an independent appraisal every year, as well as an inventory (which is a MAJOR PAIN). Covers basically everything that's on my homeowner's policy, fire, theft, floods, locusts, etc.

My policy does not require an inventory unless the value of a single item exceeds $500 (I think that's the current level). So I don't have to keep an inventory, but I woul think that would be your best bet to at least have an inventory that's close...

Mike

$25,000 coverage through Collectibles Insurance Agency is about $100/year.

The only inventory needed is for individual items worth $5,000+.

I've never filed a claim either...

but I believe the parent company behind

the insurance is the Hartford Group.

The website is:

http://www.collectinsure.com

and I believe they used to have an "ebay user" discount...

but I don't know if they still offer that.

They appear to be endorsed by several collectibles groups.

The rates went up a little last year...(they blamed Sept. 11th)...

Still...they're added the security that gives me peace of mind.