• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Wenzel

10 posts in this topic

It must be up there, anyway. I've been the under bidder on a few of these auctions, and I really regret not pushing my budget a little higher. I'd have bid on this one, too, if it had been listed just a week earlier.

Timing is everything. In this case, my timing sucked.

The thing is, there are a lot of Wenzel illustrations out there -- Lynn Munroe estimates the artist did 10,000 drawings in his three-odd decades -- but his best work seems to be dropping into black hole collections. This one was a fully finished illustration, on board, with a classic Wenzel girl to boot. I think it was worth the money.

yes, and the same seller had another Wenzel sell for $850 in November, but are these anomalies or a new trend? there is another seller with a large collection of original Wenzel's priced at $400-$500 which I thought were WAY overpriced, what are the thoughts on those? $500 for most of those seems way high considering another seller routinely lists Wenzel's that sell for $50-125, though I realize those are from a different period and are typically done in a 'looser' sketchy ink wash vs the earlier pen/ink on board pieces.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=jgautographs&hash=item5b204628fe%3Ag%3At5oAAOSwDuJWvPOG&item=391383492862&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xbill+wenzel.TRS2&_nkw=bill+wenzel&_sacat=0