• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Miscut or trimmed?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I purchased this recently but I'm concerned that it may be trimmed on the right edge. I'd like to know what others think and any suggestions on how to confirm or deny the trimming.

I'm hoping it is just a miscut but I don't want to send to CGC and have it come back with a PLOD.

Thanks in advance!

Scan0008_zpsp3e6zmjv.jpg

Scan0009_zpsd6ndfcen.jpg

It might be trimmed. With comics all the pages are cut to the same size. This results in the centerfold generally sticking out a little further then the rest of the pages. If the right side is 100% straight (meaning you do not have a slight peaking effect) it could be trimmed.

It looks fine to me, but it's hard to tell 100% by a picture.

Same here. Just looks like a small miscut with the bottom a bit narrower than the top. Not an uncommon quality control issue and nothing that would affect a CGC grade -- though a raw buyer might be more circumspect. (shrug)

Same here. Just looks like a small miscut with the bottom a bit narrower than the top. Not an uncommon quality control issue and nothing that would affect a CGC grade -- though a raw buyer might be more circumspect. (shrug)

I agree...from the photos it looks like just a miscut.

I agree...from the photos it looks like just a miscut.

Same here!