• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you value a NM 98 CGC 9.8 with OW to W pages compared to WP?

95 posts in this topic

Just curious as I've been working with someone for a trade plus cash for his copy with white pages for mine with off-white to white pages.

He feels my book is worth at least $450-500 less than his and I don't know if that seems right. He's also asking for $1080 for his white pages copy. Where as I was asking for $720.

Just curious as I've been working with someone for a trade plus cash for his copy with white pages for mine with off-white to white pages.

He feels my book is worth at least $450-500 less than his and I don't know if that seems right. He's also asking for $1080 for his white pages copy. Where as I was asking for $720.

seeing how almost every copy on ebay has white pages and the reasonable ones can be picked up for ~$800 I would just walk away. Sell your copy (if you really need the white pages) and buy a new copy.

That guy is trying to rip you off. Walk away and don't deal with him again. The price difference should be negligible.

I don't know if its negligible, like $2-$5. I would put the difference somewhere between $20-$50.

Still shouldn't make this trade, obviously.

The highest priced copy that has sold on ebay today ($849.99) has OW/W pages.

Sure, I could see throwing somebody 20 bucks to swap copies if you really want white pages, but I don't think there's any difference at all on the open market right now.

There is literally 0 dollars difference between copies with "white pages" on the label versus those with "off white white" so don't lose any sleep over it. (thumbs u

-J.

I am actually quite surprised about this, especially considering how board members seem to focus so much on PQ with the newer more common books like NM 98. :o

Good to know that it is basically a wash when it comes to white pages vs OW/W. (thumbs u

Just curious as iI've been working with someone for a trade plus cash for his copy with white pages for mine with off-white to white pages.

what's the boardies name?

:jokealert:

There is literally 0 dollars difference between copies with "white pages" on the label versus those with "off white white" so don't lose any sleep over it. (thumbs u

-J.

I am actually quite surprised about this, especially considering how board members seem to focus so much on PQ with the newer more common books like NM 98. :o

Good to know that it is basically a wash when it comes to white pages vs OW/W. (thumbs u

Please don't get HIM started on PQ.

-J.

I don't know if I agree with this. In my 40+ years of collecting buyers seem to always be willing to pay more for white pages, but that's just my 2c

-J.

I don't know if I agree with this. In my 40+ years of collecting buyers seem to always be willing to pay more for white pages, but that's just my 2c

I would pass on a copy with OW/W pages on a copper and modern book, but that's just me. Having said that the market clearly states there is not much difference in price and surely not to the degree the OP was describing.

-J.

I would pass on a copy with OW/W pages on a copper and modern book, but that's just me. Having said that the market clearly states there is not much difference in price and surely not to the degree the OP was describing.

Is there even such a thing as anything less than white on modern books? I mean they aren't even printed on white paper anymore.