• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got an interesting situation on shipping...

33 posts in this topic

Fan Boy is deaf so I wonder if this affects his writing style.

xoxo

greggy

Is that true, greggy?

If that's the case, that means he's now probably got THREE languages going... since I'm guessing he knows ASL too.

He's really bringing the average of this place up!

Greggy is correct. In most cases, yes ... Without knowing how words were heard by sound. From visual to writing is harder on many Deaf people. Some are worse than me! :P

I think it goes the same with hearing people (by writing), I'd image. I have seen that firsthand.

Fmaz, correcting you with your comment. I read and write English as a language. Yes, ASL is my first language but I also know two other sign languages (British and French). You can say I know 4 languages, I guess.

Back to the point of subject here. Looks to be either a clerical error or had been treated poorly from the auction house. Thanks for the feedback.

Fmaz, correcting you with your comment. I read and write English as a language. Yes, ASL is my first language but I also know two other sign languages (British and French). You can say I know 4 languages, I guess.

I see what you did there lol

Shows how little you know in sign languages ;) While you can understand British English by sound. British Sign language is completely different language from ASL! My signs is not the same as British signs.

Shows how little you know in sign languages ;) While you can understand British English by sound. British Sign language is completely different language from ASL! My signs is not the same as British signs.

You learn something new every day. Interesting.

That's amazing Fan Boy.

As for your original question... I can't be of much help because I've never seen or heard of what you are saying happened but my guess is, it was an oversight/error on the auction house part.

Having said that, there's no place for them to be good to your buddy.

Forgive my ignorance Fan Boy, but what is ASL, precisely? An international sign language for deaf people?

American Sign Language I believe.

Gold star for you! Yes this is correct.

For anyone expressing interest on this auction house I had mentioned. If my friend had been treated badly by the phone calls, no emails answered...would you want be the next person? No thank you, not me. I did not buy comics from my friend. He is stuck with them, as there is still an unresolved issue on shipping. No idea how long it be? (shrug)

I think it was a one-time fluke as far I would say. Maybe the clerk had a bad day?

Not all auction houses are same by terms, so that you know. Some are good, some OK, then some are bad. It varies. It was found by random in "AuctionBid.com" site.

Well... I guess the thread is done for now. Thanks.