• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest Neal Adams book

69 posts in this topic

I wasnt sure where to post this but in the end i opted for the Bronze Age section but this can apply to any period. My favourite and im sure a lot of other collectors favourite artist is Neal Adams. Now i knew quite a few Adams completists who never quite fulfilled their wish of having every Neal Adams book he ever drew. So for all the Neal Adams fans out there is there any particular book you are having trouble finding or too forever to find. This can be from ANY book from ANY publisher from ANY time period. I will start the ball rolling by stating, for me anyway, that JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY WITH MARK STEEL which was a promotional giveaway has been the hardest Neal Adams book for me to find. Anyone else.

Send my money yet...punk? poke2.gif

Today frustrated.gif

Shouldn't you be going to the bank now instead of wasting your time posting here? poke2.gif

I wasnt sure where to post this but in the end i opted for the Bronze Age section but this can apply to any period. My favourite and im sure a lot of other collectors favourite artist is Neal Adams. Now i knew quite a few Adams completists who never quite fulfilled their wish of having every Neal Adams book he ever drew. So for all the Neal Adams fans out there is there any particular book you are having trouble finding or too forever to find. This can be from ANY book from ANY publisher from ANY time period. I will start the ball rolling by stating, for me anyway, that JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY WITH MARK STEEL which was a promotional giveaway has been the hardest Neal Adams book for me to find. Anyone else.

I've had several of the Mark Steel books, they aren't that hard to find. Maybe because of where I am. The first Archie books are pretty damn hard.

Other than Heart Throbs 120 and his other Romance/ Funny book stuff,

I'd say some of the Tomahawk books. Anyone have a 116 above VF?

After that its tough to say 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Funny little story. At the last Wondercon I stood in a short line to have Neal Adams sign my beat up copy of Bats #227 and the guy in front of me had Neal Adams very first pro work ever in some Archie comic. The guy put the Archie book on the table for Neal to sign, and Neil looked at him funny and asked the guy if he (himself) did anything in it, he didn't even remember that he worked on this book. So Neil flipped through it until he recognized a few pages that he had drawn near the end of the book and then signed the bottom of the first page he had drawn.

Today frustrated.gif

Shouldn't you be going to the bank now instead of wasting your time posting here? poke2.gif

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was at the Bank. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Demanding Greggy. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Today frustrated.gif

I wouldnt put up with his guff tongue.gif

Today frustrated.gif

Greggy, I've got a suggestion. When my Outlaw Kid arrives, that's when Andy should pay you for his book!

Today frustrated.gif

Greggy, I've got a suggestion. When my Outlaw Kid arrives, that's when Andy should pay you for his book!

Too late, I already mailed payment. I wish you had contacted me sooner, I could have held that $30 hostage. poke2.gif

Today frustrated.gif

Too late, I already mailed payment. I wish you had contacted me sooner, I could have held that $30 hostage. poke2.gif

*Sigh* ANOTHER victim of scammer boy Greggy. foreheadslap.gif