• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest Neal Adams book

69 posts in this topic

Just picked up this rare Adams book. Solid 9.0 w/ no copies graded by CGC.

The guide may say it but it doesn't look anything like Adams to me. Must be early in his career or a mistake. Methinks they confused it with Secret hearts 134........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I didn't think it was Adams either until he listed it on his web site as being done by him. The list has been tweeked a number of times and the listing for this book, along w/ a scan, still remains. Book came out in '68.

I would have guessed this was a solo job by long-time Adams inker Giordano. confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif Giordano was my first thought as well...it sure doesn't look a lick like Adams whatsoever...

Jim

I didn't think it was Adams either until he listed it on his web site as being done by him. The list has been tweeked a number of times and the listing for this book, along w/ a scan, still remains. Book came out in '68.

I don't think this is by Adams either. I agree with BOC that it was a mixup with Secret Hearts #134. Overstreet also lists Secret Hearts #120 as Adams. I think this is also a mixup with Heart Throbs #120. This one also doesn't look like Adams and is also 4-5 months earlier than any other of Adams work at DC.

Girls Romances #134 and Secret Hearts #120 were listed in a 1972 Neal Adams index and I think the error has been copied over and over.