• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League of America #1 1960

7 posts in this topic

Apologies for missing back cover but seller does not provide it. Just want to get a rough idea based on the cover.

Seller grades it VG and just wondering if that makes sense. Seems to me the missing piece on top right is a pretty significant defect no?

$_57.JPG

Without the back cover tough to give it a grade.The small corner piece would still fall in the vg zone but I see a 3.5 to 4.0 without the back showing (thumbs u

Welcome to the boards!

I used to feel the same as the OP. Pieces missing were treated much more harshly by Overstreet than CGC. People are perfectly willing to accept chipping on mid-grade books now, so the corner missing, although distracting, isn't disastrous. If you need to recalibrate, go look at the shredded cole slaw people are calling G nowadays, and come back to this one.

I agree that it's in the realm of VG, but not a very nice example of it, so 3.5.

I used to feel the same as the OP. Pieces missing were treated much more harshly by Overstreet than CGC. People are perfectly willing to accept chipping on mid-grade books now, so the corner missing, although distracting, isn't disastrous. If you need to recalibrate, go look at the shredded cole slaw people are calling G nowadays, and come back to this one.

I agree that it's in the realm of VG, but not a very nice example of it, so 3.5.

Agreed, certainly a VG. 3.5\4.0